Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Linq Monitor dying

Posted by McHale 
Linq Monitor dying
June 08, 2019 11:34PM
Hello All,
Been gone for a while here working too much and been taking care of a sick mom who passed in February.
After 3 years and 3 months my battery life is almost gone after my Linq was implanted at St Davids after my 2nd ablation and LAA isolation by Dr Natale March 1 2016. My first ablation was back in New York with Dr Natale May 2013.
Basically AFIB free, just two somewhat detectable 2-3 minute and 30 sec runs of afib last year and 2017 if I recalled.
I can leave it in, extract it or implant another one.....

I'm on Xeraelto for life ,my TEE showed a pathetically low emptying velocity......

I have a lot of catching up to do here.......

McHale

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2019 11:40PM by McHale.
Re: Linq Monitor dying
June 09, 2019 03:12PM
Very sorry to hear about your Mom McHale! You certainly insured she had a long and rewarding life!

In your situation McHale, you can either go ahead and continue with a new three year term with a new LINQ, if you prefer it’s reporting and because it will catch all brief runs including at night during sleep, or since you are symptomatic and can tell when you have any runs of anything and you’ve only had a few very brief runs of possible AF and/or ectopy over last 3.3 years, you will no doubt do just fine as well with periodic KARDIA monitoring and especially when, and only if, you notice any short runs of actual AT.

Either way can work, think about how you like each systems reporting, or don’t prefer it, and make a choice from there.

Best Wishes and good to hear from you again!

Shannon
June 09, 2019 10:17PM
Hey Shannon,
My main concern at this point is a closure device such as the Watchman, I already had the Cat Scan done when we were at St David's during my ablation.

Thanks,

McHale
June 22, 2019 08:05AM
I would get a Watchman in your shows for sure McHale with LAA Isolation and with your documented TIA you shouldn’t have any issue getting approved.

Be well!
Shannon
June 22, 2019 11:08AM
Hey Shannon,
Yes I guess I should wait for the next generation FLX watchman.

Thanks!

Talk soon

Mchale
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login