Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

If you don't already have the KardiaMobile

Posted by katesshadow 
If you don't already have the KardiaMobile
June 05, 2019 09:31AM
I had been holding off purchasing the KardiaMobile. Mainly because I was afraid I would become a little obsessive with it and that it would actually cause me more worry than help.

However, there have been a few times when wished I had one.

I did purchase one today. It was on sale for $89 for a limited time and wanted to let anyone know who doesn't already have one in case they wanted to purchase it.

I do have a question. One of the reviews said it doesn't register if you heart rate is under 50. Because of the BB, mine tends to run 50-52, but many times has registered 47 or so. (on my BP monitor).
Re: If you don't already have the KardiaMobile
June 05, 2019 02:12PM
Under 50 and it's going to say "Bradycardia". Would it register AF if the rate were under 50? Tough to say, but it's also just about impossible to fib with average ventricular rates under 50. I came close myself once with a 55, but in reality most AF rates are going to be upwards of 100 for rate-controlled patients and well over that for non-rate controlled.
June 05, 2019 06:44PM
Thanks!
June 12, 2019 09:54PM
AliveCor just started pre-selling the Kardia 6L. It’s a six-lead EKG. You hold it between your fingers and also on your left knee. It will trace leads I, II, III, aVR, aVL, and aVF. I pre-ordered one. Do I think it’s really necessary for diagnosis of atrial arrhythmia? No. But I’ve gotten to be kind of a nerd on this stuff and with disposable income I figured why not. Remember your cardiologist or EP bills your insurance $400 every time they hook the 12–lead up to you. I love the fact that I can take an infinite amount of tracings for $150.
June 13, 2019 09:04AM
wolfpack
AliveCor just started pre-selling the Kardia 6L. It’s a six-lead EKG. You hold it between your fingers and also on your left knee. It will trace leads I, II, III, aVR, aVL, and aVF. I pre-ordered one. Do I think it’s really necessary for diagnosis of atrial arrhythmia? No. But I’ve gotten to be kind of a nerd on this stuff and with disposable income I figured why not. Remember your cardiologist or EP bills your insurance $400 every time they hook the 12–lead up to you. I love the fact that I can take an infinite amount of tracings for $150.

Will a grandfathered app account work with it, or will you need to pay the subscription fee?
June 13, 2019 11:30AM
That's a good question. They're only pre-selling now so I guess I'll find out in about 4-6 weeks.
July 15, 2019 06:09PM
Arrived yesterday. The app doesn’t change, so I’m still “grandfathered” so to speak for saving recordings. The connection is now Bluetooth as opposed to the microphone. Recordings seem cleaner although it did take a while for the baseline to stabilize. I’ll post a screenshot sometime soon.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login