Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

low dose Eliquis & $$$

Posted by AB Page 
low dose Eliquis & $$$
June 03, 2019 12:57PM
My new prescription benefits this year are provided by CVS Caremark (I grade them an A- thus far).

I made the personal decision, with my well known grinning smiley EP's blessing, to take low dose (2.5 mg BID) Eliquis, despite no arrhythmias and a Watchman FLX.

Insurance charges the same no matter the dosage. What my EP did for me was write the prescription in a way that reads, and I'm paraphrasing here, "take 2, 2.5mg pills two times a day". This of course comes out to 4 pills a day prescribed, and only 2 taken, thus making a 90 day fill last 6 months. So for anyone else in a similar dosage situation, this might be worth exploring for the cost saving. I'm paying $80 for 6 months supply.
Re: low dose Eliquis & $$$
June 03, 2019 02:38PM
So you are saying that a 90 day supply of Eliquis costs $80 usually? I don't think that is bad, I have a 90 day supply of Synthroid (thyroid) which costs around $80.00, Propafnone (90 days) costs around $50.00.

Liz
June 03, 2019 05:02PM
Elizabeth
So you are saying that a 90 day supply of Eliquis costs $80 usually? I don't think that is bad
Liz

Yep, I am. And I agree with you, but $80 for 6 months is a lot better, and no pill cutting. And CVS appears to know what's going on and fills it as written, which is great.
June 04, 2019 08:36AM
Excellent posts, AB!

Thanks for letting us know.

/L
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login