Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Predniszone

Posted by tsco 
Predniszone
June 03, 2019 07:25AM
I've manged to get into poison ivy! Like we all do I'm a little paranoid on taking meds. Does anyone know if low dose
Predniszone will affect afib or cause palpitations etc
Thanks
Tim
Re: Predniszone
June 03, 2019 08:29AM
You had a successful Ablation in summer 2016 right? Why would you worry about pacs etc.? Anyway I took prednisone before my second Ablation with no issue. I know there is no guarantee of AFIB not returning but for now I have moved on with Life and stopped dwelling on AFIB negative thoughts. It’s not worth the Anxiety/Stress.
Life is good and good luck with your Poison ivy. I have had it and steroids were used to help with the healing.
June 03, 2019 10:25AM
I've used predizone without issue. Also,several steroid injections when I had back issues last year without issue. You should also get yourself some Zanfel.
June 03, 2019 12:46PM
I've taken a course of it post ablation & Watchman with no issues.
June 03, 2019 05:14PM
Smackman....As far as full blown afib it was successful, so far. I still have spurts,and pacs, and pvc's. If you have zero burden, congrats!!! But I always have that lingering around. I asked because when I began taking prednisone two days ago I started getting some palps, not because I'm dwelling on it and manifesting it.
when I looked into it a little a lot of articles tied it to low pot and calcium. Just curious
Thanks
Tim

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2019 09:57PM by tsco.
June 04, 2019 01:28PM
I've had only three episodes of afib, all occurred in the last 3 years (almost once a year). Two of those occasions occurred with prednisone. Not saying this was the reason, just putting that out there.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login