Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Colonoscopy and Eliquis.

Posted by Methan99 
Colonoscopy and Eliquis.
May 30, 2019 04:20PM
I was told by Dr that will perform my Colonoscopy that I have to stop Eliquis three days before procedure.
I had my LAA ablated and need to take Eliquis. I am very concerned being off for three days not sure what to do.

Thanks
Mike
Re: Colonoscopy and Eliquis.
May 30, 2019 05:10PM
Do NOT stop the Eliquis until you've consulted with the EP who did your ablation. Your EP should be able to provide the GI doc with a heparin bridging protocol to get you through the procedure safely.
May 30, 2019 05:27PM
Methan99
I was told by Dr that will perform my Colonoscopy that I have to stop Eliquis three days before procedure.
I had my LAA ablated and need to take Eliquis. I am very concerned being off for three days not sure what to do.

Thanks
Mike
I take Eliquis and have had a colonoscopy done with heparin bridging. The heparin is an easy injection you can do yourself and it only lasts for about 4 hours. The pharmacy will give you pre-filled syringes. I stopped my Eliquis a couple of days before and then used Heparin right up to the morning of the colonoscopy.
May 30, 2019 10:44PM
Heparin bridge. I've done it twice now. Once for a nerve block and once for a colonoscopy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login