Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Waller Water Concentrate

Posted by bkimura 
Waller Water Concentrate
May 23, 2019 11:34AM
Hello,
Is there any harm in drinking the concentrate directly without dilution? I've mixed up the liter of concentrate and plan on drinking 4oz two times daily to start. (Total of 375mg magnesium if my math is correct) This will supplement the existing 600mg of magnesium glycinate that I take daily.

Thanks,
- Bill
Re: Waller Water Concentrate
May 23, 2019 12:00PM
You won't have sufficient stomach acid for a while which will make food stay in your stomach much longer possibly causing reflux as it pushes open the esophageal sphincter when you sit or lie down. If you plan on fasting I suppose it's okay but not something I would try myself. I just drink the regular, diluted solution.
May 23, 2019 01:05PM
Bill - I often drink 1.5 oz of the concentrate several times a day in addition to the diluted version which I drink throughout the day and evening as my main source of water and I don't notice I have any digestive problems including reflux. But, as we know, we are all different. I've been consuming WW regularly since we developed it in 2002.

Here's a relevant clip on stomach acid and pH quoting Jerry Tennant, MD, on the the alkalinity topic.

Jackie

"Another point on stomach acid. … Alkaline Water

People don’t often understand what happens when you drink alkaline water. They say,” If I drink alkaline water, it will just dilute my stomach acid and make my digestion worse,” but that’s not the way it works at all.

Whenever anything goes into the stomach, if you have the ability to make adequate amounts of stomach acid, your stomach acid will go to a pH of 2. So if I put alkaline water in my stomach, I’m going to make a whole lot more stomach acid in order to get down to the pH of 2.

It’s important to recognize that every time you make a molecule of hydrochloric acid, you simultaneously put a molecule of sodium bicarbonate out into the blood and that’s the way that the blood gets more alkaline and has more electrons.

If I put a coca cola in my stomach, then I don’t have to make as much hydrochloric acid to get to a pH of 2 and therefore I get less sodium bicarbonate inserted into my blood (less alkalinity). This is one of the reasons why it’s important to drink the alkaline water. "

Jerry Tennant, MD, MD (H), MD(P)
Healing is Voltage - The Handbook
May 23, 2019 01:21PM
Over the years, I've consumed concentrate frequently. I require a large amount of magnesium and the dilute version wouldn't ever work for me.

I don't consume it around meals.

Anymore, I'll make magnesium acetate by reacting the magnesium hydroxide with organic apple cider vinegar in a 2:7 (2 parts magnesium hydroxide as milk of magnesia to 7 parts vinegar). This post <[www.afibbers.org] has links on how to do it.
May 23, 2019 03:04PM
Thank you so much for all the responses. I have been experiencing some digestion / GERD related issues that I’ve been working on so I decided to error on the side of caution and perform the dilution. I was hoping to get a significant amount of supplemental magnesium from the recipe without having to drink a ton of water thus that’s why I was considering not diluting. (Maybe I’ll dabble with the concentrate if all goes well) I really want to start focusing on high dosages of magnesium until bowel intolerance, which I haven’t really done yet. I’ve been pretty much sticking with 600mg of magnesium glycinate (Doctors Best) and occasionally 250mg of additional magnesium taurate but I really haven’t been consistent with that. Fortunately thus far my episodes are of a short duration, (30 seconds - 2 minutes) but they’re starting to occur multiple times per week. I’m hoping I can find something to squash them real quick, otherwise I’m going to have to start Flecainide. (Only taking 120mg diltiazem presently and all my events seem to be vagal mediated) Thanks again.

Update: I think on the next gallon batch, I'll reduce the ratio some. (1/2 the concentrate vs 1/3) If my math is correct, this should provide approximately 187.5mg of magnesium per liter. If I can handle 2 liters of water per day, that would give me 375mg of additional magnesium. How much water are you drinking per day? (2 liters seems like a lot)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2019 03:40PM by bkimura.
May 23, 2019 07:25PM
I drink up to a pint of the concentrate undiluted every day with no problems at all. I mix it with taurine powder, d-Ribose powder, potassium gluconate powder and Honegar, which is a mixture of apple cider vinegar and honey. I drink this 'potion' throughout the day, adjusting the amount of Waller water to bowel tolerance.

Done this for years, works for me - suppresses ectopics so I hardly feel them.

Gill

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2019 11:00AM by Gill.
May 24, 2019 07:05AM
Thanks Gill. Drinking the concentrate undiluted is sounding very promising.
May 24, 2019 10:32AM
Oh well, so much for Waller Water for me. After awaking this morning, I filled my mug with waller water and consumed it over 45-60 minutes. (Mixture contained approx. 250mg of magnesium) Prior to completing the mixture, I started experiencing some ectopics. (Sometimes I get a few when I first get up in the morning but they're usually short lived) They continued and became more intense over the next hour and finally triggered a brief (15 second?) afib episode. Being a bit desperate, I took 2000mg of taurine and the palpatations stopped almost immediately. My heart has been completely calm for the past 90 minutes. As we all know, everyone's different so I guess this wasn't meant to be for me. I guess it's back to pills for my magnesium consumption.
May 24, 2019 01:50PM
bkimura
Oh well, so much for Waller Water for me. After awaking this morning, I filled my mug with waller water and consumed it over 45-60 minutes. (Mixture contained approx. 250mg of magnesium) Prior to completing the mixture, I started experiencing some ectopics. (Sometimes I get a few when I first get up in the morning but they're usually short lived) They continued and became more intense over the next hour and finally triggered a brief (15 second?) afib episode. Being a bit desperate, I took 2000mg of taurine and the palpatations stopped almost immediately. My heart has been completely calm for the past 90 minutes. As we all know, everyone's different so I guess this wasn't meant to be for me. I guess it's back to pills for my magnesium consumption.

So Erwin Waller - who developed the recipe with Jackie, had the idea of drinking a dilute concentration (per his recipe) throughout the day. His recipe <[www.afibbers.org] , in the dilute form, has 125 mg/liter magnesium. Putting a liter in a bottle and consuming it slowly may have a different outcome for you.
May 24, 2019 04:53PM
Gill,
Sounds like a good brew! I’m in!!
How much (in Mg) and what brand/s of taurine, d-ribose and K gluconate powders do you use and where do you buy them please?
Cheers,
Mike F
May 25, 2019 10:12AM
Hi Mike

Here's my potion recipe:

5 slightly heaped teaspoons Now brand potassium gluconate powder (from USA)
½ to ¾ teaspoon taurine powder (from Amazon UK)
2 level teaspoons D-Ribose powder (from Amazon UK)
About 10 fluid oz Waller Water concentrate - amount adjusted each day to bowel tolerance

I mix these together and make sure the powders have dissolved then add 3 - 4 tablespoons Honegar (from Holland & Barrett - I buy lots when it’s on special offer)

I also take the following each day, washed down with potion:

3 capsules Doctor's Best nattokinase (from USA)
Glucosamine Chondroitin (Meijer's own brand from USA because it’s a tiny, easy to swallow, caplet with a much higher dose than in UK)
3 tablets Country Life brand Chelated Magnesium (from USA)
Fish oil, don’t mind which brand or type of oil. I get it from USA because amount of omega3 is much higher than in UK brands, so don’t need to take more than 1 capsule.

All the supplements I get from USA are higher dose and much cheaper than those available in UK. I am lucky in that I have a daughter who lives in Michigan - I stock up whenever I visit her, or when she comes to visit me. And if friends from the US come to visit I send them a shopping list!

Gill
May 26, 2019 07:36AM
Many thanks for that Gill - I like the look of that magic potion of yours! I'll get to it.

(I already take glucosamine and Omega 3.)
May 26, 2019 08:50AM
Let me know how you get on Mike. It certainly works for me, suppresses my many ectopics so I don’t feel them at all any more.

Gill
May 27, 2019 01:29PM
Will do Gill x
June 24, 2019 10:12PM
I have a Waller Water question. I've been making it for about a month, and it's of course fantastic. I've been taking 4oz into a 40oz Yeti knockoff that I drink all day, and a second 40oz and 4 oz portion in the evening. How much do all of you take, and have any of you done something like a RBC magnesium test to see if you get a big raise in level since taking it? Thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login