Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mini Maze Mistake.

Posted by zoeysky2004 
Mini Maze Mistake.
May 19, 2019 04:06PM
I’ll probably get blasted by some for this comment but I’m pissed and frustrated. Had a mini maze done in March 2017 for a fib and it ruined my heart. One of the Biggest mistakes I have done relating to my heart.
Re: Mini Maze Mistake.
May 19, 2019 04:39PM
So sorry to hear that Zoeysky2004,

Welcome to Afibber’s Forum, and no one will blast you for sharing your experience. Can you give us more info about your AFIB history and how you came to select a mini-maze ablation procedure to begin with?

Best wishes,
Shannon
May 19, 2019 05:28PM
I actually talked to you a year ago Shannon. Had two ablations for a fib without success by a local EP. first mistake. Decided to have a mini maze done based on great salesmanship by the doctor. Ever since then I’ve had all kinds of issues with my heart. I’ve had three ablations since the mini maze to try and get it under control. Aflutter/Atrial tach/SVT/VT. I’ve been all over the place. My last two ablations have been by a really good doctor but still having issues. Went to ER last night and they said I was bouncing around from SVT and VT. I have other health concerns that I think might have an impact but no one seems to think so and no one seems to be able to give me a definitive answer on my issues. Thanks.
May 21, 2019 05:40PM
Indeed, when there are other heath issues in the mix it gives so much more doubt and permutation of variables. In 1998 I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis but I have only had two mild episodes after the first double vision... One in 2000 when the whole left side of my chest to a precise center line, froze so you could stick a pin it it with zero feeling. It lifted in two months and in the space of 30 minutes. The other was election night 2016 when I was so scared my face , neck and scalp felt on fire and the intense pain went on for 6 weeks... It comes from the brain/nerves, so rubbing creams on etc has zero effect. Now I wonder if the palpitations/left arm pain /atrial flutter are triggered by this random MS twanging my nerve....... My doctors dont know about it...its my secret.... Nobody would be able to tell me anyway so I dont mention it. My doc in England told me to give up my driver's license but I have ridden a Kawasaki 1000 much of the time since then and I do get my knee down.... I mention this in the context of other conditions having unknown inputs into afib... unknown and not knowable...
May 22, 2019 07:23AM
Did you go back to Dr Wolf and tell him how things were after his Mini-Maze? What did he say?
May 22, 2019 09:21AM
I went into flutter right after the procedure and was in flutter for three days until they cardio verted me. I stayed in touch with his assistant for a while .
May 22, 2019 10:50AM
Wow... what a horrendous experience!

So sorry to hear about this, Zoey. Hope things go better for you in the days to come.

/L
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login