Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

EP Recommendation for Ablation in New Hampshire Area?

Posted by bkimura 
EP Recommendation for Ablation in New Hampshire Area?
May 19, 2019 12:03PM
Hello,
I was recently diagnosed with Afib (less than 1% Afib over 2 weeks as recorded by a Zio Patch) and I have my 1st appointment with my Cardiologist this coming Tuesday. (Dr. Fink at the New England Heart & Vascular Institute located in Manchester, NH) Based on my low CHADS score, I’m presently only taking 25mg of metoprolol. This may be a bit premature but I wanted to start researching top ablation doctors up here in the Northeast, ideally here in NH or possibly Massachusetts which is close by. Has anyone had any experience with the New England Heart & Vascular Institute up here in NH and can you recommend a top ablation doctor in my area? Thank you so much for your support and I wish you all a wonderful peaceful Sunday!

Update: some additional info
850 mg Magnesium Glycinate (spread throughout the day)
3000 mg Taurine (1000 mg 3x per day)
No potassium supplementation but getting approx. 3500 mg daily via diet.
Just started Ginger root (500 mg twice daily) ** My events seem to be all vagal mediated (sitting around, after a meal, etc.)
I walk briskly 3 miles per day
52 years old with a BMI of 24 (changed diet drastically after diagnosis and now only eat healthy foods) Lost 20+ pounds over the past few months.
My events are starting to happen more frequently but thus far they’ve been very brief. (30 seconds to 2 minutes)
Stress Echo 100% normal
** I could be mistaken but I feel that the BB could be making things worse for me being that I’m vagal. May talk to doctor about possibility of weaning off it and using it as a PIP instead. I do have high BP (well under control) so would need some sort of BP medication if I went off BB.

- Bill

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2019 12:34PM by bkimura.
Re: EP Recommendation for Ablation in New Hampshire Area?
May 20, 2019 02:24PM
Andrea Natale......Fly to Austin. Seriously its worth the trouble
Tim
May 20, 2019 04:23PM
I also think flying to Austin is worth the trouble, but if you're not willing to do that I'd head down to Mass General and see this guy.
May 20, 2019 06:27PM
Daniel Philbin, Catholic Medical Center.

Lousy personality, but highly talented.
May 21, 2019 06:22AM
I use EPs in NH, and yes, MA has some decent EPs for ablation,
but for my money and health should I ever decide to go that route,
Austin TX is the only one I would consider.
May 22, 2019 12:36PM
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I’m currently trying to setup a consult with a Dr. Moussa Mansour at Mass General Hospital in Boston. Has anyone heard of him? Thumbs up/down? Thanks.
May 22, 2019 02:05PM
bkimura
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I’m currently trying to setup a consult with a Dr. Moussa Mansour at Mass General Hospital in Boston. Has anyone heard of him? Thumbs up/down? Thanks.

Look up at my previous reply to you. That's exactly who I recommended. Definitely thumbs up.
May 22, 2019 02:14PM
Sorry I had missed that. Do you have any personal experience with him or just heard good things via word of moth? Thanks.
May 22, 2019 06:42PM
bkimura
Sorry I had missed that. Do you have any personal experience with him or just heard good things via word of moth? Thanks.

Just what I know of him through word of mouth, his reputation, etc.
May 22, 2019 07:18PM
I spoke with his office today and they informed me that performs around 8 ablations per week. They said that people come from all over the country to see him. I scheduled an appointment for early July to discuss the possibility of an ablation.
May 22, 2019 09:09PM
bkimura
I spoke with his office today and they informed me that performs around 8 ablations per week. They said that people come from all over the country to see him. I scheduled an appointment for early July to discuss the possibility of an ablation.

Good choice. That's what you want to see when choosing an EP for an ablation. Lots of procedures under his/her belt and a wide reputation. A long delay in getting an appointment is also a good sign. The guy who can see you next week isn't the guy you want to see. Good luck and keep us informed!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login