Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

It's been an interesting week

Posted by Max 
Max
It's been an interesting week
May 09, 2019 06:16PM
Monday, I had a Linq recorder implanted. They had to do it in the bay because the cath lab was backed up. No biggie, but then it wouldn't stop bleeding, so they held pressure for 20 minutes and then stapled me shut.I went back into afib there, but I didn't really feel it. Went home all bruised up. Next morning, driving to work, fortunately very slowly just getting started, I had the weirdest feeling I have ever experienced. It was a combination of dizziness, nausea, palpitations and terror. I couldn't tell if the car was upright on its wheels,and I truly thought I was dying. Pulled off road and it kept happening. Called my cardiologist, who weren't open yet and was told to go to ER, Had a friend drive me. Of course, ER found nothing, gave me a couple liters of IVF and some antivert-home again. Felt awful. Went to cards today for already scheduled stress test and they checked my recorder, had several 5-6 second pauses on Tuesday whilst all this was l happening. Today, my afib was insane with rates up to 122. Doc says he wants to watch me closely and we will be planning my ablation. Need to figure out if I also have/or have tachy/brady syndrome.I may end up with a pacemaker.
Max
Re: It's been an interesting week
May 09, 2019 08:22PM
And here is the question I have in my mind. About 3 weeks ago, my previous cardiologist doubled my Toprol XL.It makes me feel like crap. But I am wondering if that increase is what caused the pauses. I have emailed my cardiologist with this question, but would like any opinions you all may have.I skipped today's dose so far, but am planning on going back to 25mg tonight.
May 09, 2019 08:40PM
Pauses are a known side effect of metoprolol, which is what Toprol is.

And the next time you experience symptoms like that you need to skip calling cardiologists and friends. Your best friend at that point is 911.
Max
May 09, 2019 09:11PM
My friend was in the car with me, we car pool. But you are right, I should have called 911. The ER found nothing wrong and sent me home. I am really concerned about taking the BB tonight, even though it was 3 days ago.
May 17, 2019 09:02PM
When I first took metoprolol, my heart rate went down to 30 and stayed there. I was at work, felt funny, and checked my pulse. Not sure what my BP was, but it was probably down too, since I've always had low blood pressure. My doc told me to get off it at once. If I were you, I would not be taking the higher dose.
Marg
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login