Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can anyone translate an EKG?

Posted by Ghost 
Can anyone translate an EKG?
April 27, 2019 07:05AM
Been having what I thought were extra beats last few days. Getting over a cold so sometimes that does it. But when I looked at the EKG, it didn't show the usual "extra" spike that is typical in the afib pattern (at least that I have seen) in the past. I've attached the EKG and circled the two points in which I felt the action (which again, felt like an extra beat in the chest).

But it doesn't look at all the same as what I've seen in the past. Looks very different. Looks like a skipped beat?

[ibb.co]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2019 07:12AM by Ghost.
Re: Can anyone translate an EKG?
April 27, 2019 08:44AM
Perhaps a PVC. See <[theskepticalcardiologist.com]

PVC's tend to have an "ugly" QRS wave.

You might experience this as a "skipped beat."

George
April 27, 2019 11:35AM
Yep, those are PVCs.

Good find on the article, George. That's been one of my complaints with Kardia all along. It tends to label anything irregular as possible afib.
April 27, 2019 08:42PM
PVC for sure. As long as you’re not having tens of thousands of them then it’s not really a major concern. They’re annoying as hell, I know. Electrolyte supplementation can help with those, too.
April 28, 2019 07:00AM
Much appreciated, folks. As an FYI, Kardia didn't label them possible afib, just hadn't recorded them before. I've recorded the extra beats every so often but not PVCs.

And yes, they're annoying. I'm very in tune with my heart beat now and the moment these occur I'm like "whoaa..."

I only had a few. And I think I was dehydrated at the time so your comment about electrolytes makes sense, Wolfpack.
May 04, 2019 12:26PM
Ghost
Much appreciated, folks. As an FYI, Kardia didn't label them possible afib, just hadn't recorded them before. I've recorded the extra beats every so often but not PVCs.

And yes, they're annoying. I'm very in tune with my heart beat now and the moment these occur I'm like "whoaa..."

I only had a few. And I think I was dehydrated at the time so your comment about electrolytes makes sense, Wolfpack.

Electrolytes yes..... I am only a mere beginner with my one time flutter, but I the last couple of summers I felt much distress with "palpitations" when I was in the yard in 90 degrees and hydrating on Coffee and Beer only.... I hate water. I was probably fluttering on those occasions but auto-converted... I am now doing cheapo Walmart "Powerade" sports drink with 'advanced electrolyte system' with vitamins and I feel good on it and like I am at least trying.... 80 cents a bottle..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login