Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What to take for inflammation while on Xarelto

Posted by Madeline 
What to take for inflammation while on Xarelto
April 24, 2019 08:28PM
I am having a little flare of sciatica down my leg. I know I am not supposed to take an Aleve or ibuprofen. Tylenol is just for pain. Is there anything else that one could take just for a day or two to try and back the inflammation down? Thank you.
Re: What to take for inflammation while on Xarelto
April 24, 2019 08:48PM
Would a topical analgesic work? Aspercreme or Tiger balm? Probably not but worth a shot.
April 24, 2019 09:16PM
Wish I had some good advice for you. I've been there and it's not any fun.

What is the underlying source of your pain? Is it due to back issues or piriformus syndrome. If it's the later some good stretching may give you relief.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2019 09:40PM by rocketritch.
April 24, 2019 09:26PM
Been there, done that. You can take ibuprofen; just don't take it long term. A few days, maybe a week at most was the advice I've gotten from multiple docs. It will go away eventually but it will probably take weeks. I found that walking speeds the process, the more the better.
April 24, 2019 10:09PM
Thanks all. I wish I knew for sure the causes of my hip/leg pain. Most likely it is due to back problems as several years ago I did have a great deal of sciatica for a solid year and had to be very careful for three years. I had a herniated disc as well as the usual narrow spaces in the spine. So ever since then, my lower back/waist area and right side hip/leg bother me. Iā€™m never sure whether or not to do stretching exercises or what. I definitely do the walking but I will say this morning it was not very comfortable while walking. Actually, this all began to flare up after a Pilates class Monday which focused on rotating the femur in the socket a lot in an exercise. Ugh šŸ˜‘ I will take a couple of ibuprofen and see if that nips it in the bud.
April 24, 2019 10:16PM
My issues last year were due to both a bulged and herniated disc. I couldn't walk across the living room without major pain killers.
I found a really good physical therapist to work with me. After several months and some really hard, sometimes painful work, things got allot better to the point I feel normal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2019 08:19AM by rocketritch.
Joe
April 25, 2019 05:15AM
Second a good Physio!
April 26, 2019 07:37AM
I have taken the Steriod Anti-Inflammatories like Prednisone or Hydrocortisone while on Zarelto.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login