Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

TO PAM

Posted by Debbi 
Debbi
TO PAM
November 08, 2003 08:10AM
What is it that causes chest pain (pressure) the tachy, PVC, PAC's?

I'm still waiting on results from my Thallium Stress Stest.

I'm also still trying to email you.......have you gotten any at all?

Thanks for all of your help.

Debbi
Pam
Re: TO DEBBI
November 09, 2003 12:47AM
Hi Debbi:

I have answered this already unless it didn't get posted somewhere. I'm not sure about the Tachycardia. You would have to post more, like your state of conditioning. Do you get much exercise? Are you taking any rate controll drug like a beta blocker? Has it been called PAT, SVT or an accessory pathway? Tachycardia is anything over 100, so what is the approximate rate of it?
PACs are early beats arrising from some irritable atrial endocardial focus. They are annoying, but harmless except that they can trigger afib. Most afibbers have them and they are actually what triggers afib. They are suppressed by antiarrhythmic drugs. They also can be suppressed by some diet/ lifestyle modifications.
PVCs are early rogue impulses arrising from somewhere in the ventricular (lower) 2 chambers. Many afibbers have them and they are not dangerous when they are isolated beats. When they start to occur in more than 2 or 3 in a row, they can signal underlying heart disease. In runs, they are a great concern, as V Tach generally will deteriorate into V Fib and then it is lethal.

Pam
Debbi
Re: TO DEBBI
November 09, 2003 03:48PM
Pam,
Having COPD, being on O2 24/7 pretty much alleviates very much excercise. Also, they didn't want me on a beta block because of the COPD and asthma, but 360 mg of cardizem wasn't completely doing the trick to they added 50 mg of Lopressor (25mg BID) which helped and hasn't bothered my beathing.

I'll have to go back over EKG's from old hospital visits (wish I had a way to post them) to answer the other questions. I'm still waiting for records of my Thallium Stress Test and abdominal CT scan done on my last hospital stay Oct 6-8.

Will try to gather EKG's again to answer your questions.

Thank you for everything, wish I could get an email thru to you.

Debbi
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login