Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Heart arate app

Posted by Louise 
Heart arate app
April 17, 2019 12:07AM
Does anyone have a phone app for heart rate that you really like and believe is accurate? Thank you.
Re: Heart arate app
April 17, 2019 01:41PM
If you are talking about the apps that use the camera, then I like ones that show a graph of the pulse wave, so I can see what the app is interpreting. You need to have your finger over the camera & light, covering them, but not pressing too hard.

One free app is <[itunes.apple.com] (don't know if it has an android version).
It only measures for a minute, & I typically like to go longer.

A pay app, which will go longer is Camera HRV <[itunes.apple.com]

I've used apps like this for a long time. I can "see" afib in them, not just in the variability of the heart rate, but also in the character of the pulse waveform.

The app I like best, is no longer available for newer iOS versions. I liked it because it showed both the pulse waveform and a graph of heart rate. Afib was easy to spot because the limits on the Y axis for heart rate were so wide in afib. However, I like the pulse waveform as I could see it changing in some of my afib termination breathing experiments. <[www.afibbers.org]
April 17, 2019 02:10PM
Thank you, George. I will check them out.
April 17, 2019 10:22PM
I have used Cardiio & it has a pulse waveform. I now also have Kardia, but I will still use Cardiio to take pulse.
April 17, 2019 10:26PM
Thank you Madeline!
April 19, 2019 06:17PM
I use the Kardia, but another good solution is a pulse oximeter.

For example: Zacurate 500BL Fingertip Pulse Oximeter Blood Oxygen Saturation Monitor

Note: this is a separate gadget, not a phone app.
April 19, 2019 06:38PM
Thank you, David.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login