Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Opinions on Magnesium Supplements

Posted by katesshadow 
Opinions on Magnesium Supplements
April 08, 2019 05:49PM
I have been using 2 different magnesium supplements. I finished one bottle, so I thought I would just take the other one. It is this one:

[www.amazon.com]

However, I was looking at this one and was wondering if some of you experts can tell me - in your opinion - which one is the best.

[www.amazon.com]
Re: Opinions on Magnesium Supplements
April 12, 2019 09:21AM
I've used Bluebonnet Buffered/Chelated Magnesium for years.
Nancy
April 12, 2019 10:15AM
Hi Katesshadow,

I’ve used the Jigsaw Health SRT (Sustained Release Tech) with Albion Labs Chelated Magnesium Malate for many years now and like it best overall of the various brands and forms of oral magnesium I’ve tried over the last three decades.

I like their smaller 125mg ‘caplet’ shaped tablets that make finer titration easier than with the huge 200mg horse pills on so many traction along Mag store bought brands, and its sustained release form of chelated Magnesium makes sense for improved assimilation and bio-availability.

I also use ActivationProducts.com’s Topical Magnesium Chloride-Hexahydrate product called ‘EASE’ as my favorite topical magnesium, as it has very high absorption of around a claimed 35% and it lacks entirely the tacky/sticky white residue from other forms of just straight topical Magnesium Chloride that lacks the Hexahydrate fraction.

You just spray it on (25 sprays after morning shower for me) and it drys without any white powdery salty residue left on the skin that I would otherwise need to rinse off or pat off with a damp hand towel before finishing dressing for the day. As is required with other Mag Chloride Topical ‘oil-like’ forums from other popular brands at health food stores that do get tacky after spraying on.

I’m one of those classic Magnesium/Potassium metabolic ‘wasters’ who need a lot more volume of magnesium, in particular, than does the average person.

Thus, I’ve found that combining both forms of oral and topical daily and with a very occasional Myers IV cocktails with added 2 grams of Mag Sulfate, works best for me overall.

Both Jigsaw Health Mag SRT oral mag and ActivationProducts.com topical EASE versions are available for direct drop ship on demand from their internet stores.

Cheers!
Shannon

On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 6:21 AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2019 10:15AM by Shannon.
April 17, 2019 02:39AM
I've always understood that WW is the most bio-available form of Mg that one can take. Is this not the case? I appreciate it's a bit of a hassle to make and to cart around through the day compared to caps.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login