Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Best UK Brands For Supplements

Posted by DavrosT 
Best UK Brands For Supplements
April 08, 2019 04:52AM
Hi guys, regular poster and been taking Taurine, Arginine, magnesium and potassium for almost 2 years now but I just wanted to ask: what brands do the UK guys here recommend?

I've been buying all of mine from Holland & Barrett so wondered if anybody else had any suggestions.
Sam
Re: Best UK Brands For Supplements
April 08, 2019 05:09AM
Check out Dolphin Fitness and Peak Supps.
April 08, 2019 06:53AM
I find Holland and Barrett and other UK brands much lower dosage than equivalents in the USA, so you have to take more of them which makes them very expensive. Eg. in UK Seven Seas Omega-3 One a Day capsules have 120mg of Omega-3. In the US I can buy Nature's Bounty Mini Fish Oil capsules which have 450mg - a huge difference.

I buy taurine and D-Ribose from Amazon UK and use lots of home made Waller Water concentrate for cheap magnesium. For the rest I stock up whenever I go to the States, higher strength and much cheaper. If any American friends are visiting they bring me supplies too.

Gill

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2019 07:02AM by Gill.
April 08, 2019 06:57AM
Yeah, that my issue. I've been increasing my dose of everything recently and I'm spending about £60 a month via HandB at the moment, it just isnt sustainable!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login