Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How many grams of Magnesium Hydroxide powder per litre of soda water please?

Posted by mwcf 
How many grams of Magnesium Hydroxide powder per litre of soda water please?
April 05, 2019 03:43AM
Advice appreciated thank you. I have the powder from a while ago but have forgotten the required ratio of mag hydroxide powder )grams) to soda water (litre).
Cheers,
Mike
Re: How many grams of Magnesium Hydroxide powder per litre of soda water please?
April 05, 2019 01:08PM
Hi Mike,

You probably figured I'm the only guy who'd answer this...

I worked out that 29 g magnesium hydroxide powder in 12 fl oz (355 mL) is about the concentration in commercial milk of magnesia. 1 tablespoon = 0.5 fl oz. As I recall the Waller Water Magnesium Bicarb water recipe is 3 tablespoons MoM per liter. I'd make up the MoM solution rather than dumping the powder into the carbonated water directly. I think if you just use the powder, it is likely to "volcano" on you...

1 tablespoon ~ 15 mL. So in mL, put 45 mL MoM per liter of carbonated water (which is about 3.7 g of magnesium hydroxide powder).

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

George
Re: How many grams of Magnesium Hydroxide powder per litre of soda water please?
April 05, 2019 02:17PM
Hi George,

Yes I did hope you'd answer! And many thanks for so doing. I'll make the MoM as you suggest then adding 0.75 x 45ml = 34ml of it to each of the 20 x 750ml bottles of soda water I just bought today! Presumably - based on the old WW info - this will get me a WW with 1160mg elemental Mg per 750ml bottle. I'll then have 1 bottle each 2 days to start with (diluted 1 to 3 with coconut water for the K content).

Thanks George.

Kind regards,

Mike
April 05, 2019 09:31PM
Mike,

Good luck!

For others, here is the Waller Water recipe <[www.afibbers.org] It uses chilled carbonated water with the MoM and then lets them react to form the bicarbonate water.

Here is the creator( I should note, Jackie was co-creator), Erling Waller's (Anonymous User), detailed post on the topic <[www.afibbers.org]

Here is a post on magnesium acetate (from magnesium hydroxide & vinegar), which turns into bicarb in the body, with links to much more info: <[www.afibbers.org]

George

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2019 10:04PM by GeorgeN.
April 06, 2019 01:52PM
GeorgeN
Mike,

Good luck!

For others, here is the Waller Water recipe <[www.afibbers.org] It uses chilled carbonated water with the MoM and then lets them react to form the bicarbonate water.

Here is the creator( I should note, Jackie was co-creator), Erling Waller's (Anonymous User), detailed post on the topic <[www.afibbers.org]

Here is a post on magnesium acetate (from magnesium hydroxide & vinegar), which turns into bicarb in the body, with links to much more info: <[www.afibbers.org]

George

I made the Waller water yesterday.

Is there an added benefit to the ACV mixture?
April 06, 2019 07:13PM
katesshadow
George

I made the Waller water yesterday.

Is there an added benefit to the ACV mixture?

For me, I require a lot of Mg++ to maintain afib remission. If I consume Waller Water, I consume the concentrate. For me the ACV is much less effort. I don't have the time chilling the the carbonated water, nor do I have to wait for it to react. The ACV reacts instantly. This is for me. Others have different issues.

George
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login