Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can Taurine cause ectopics?

Posted by DavrosT 
Can Taurine cause ectopics?
March 28, 2019 08:08AM
Hi guys,

Had to ask as I'm sure there's more knowledgeable types in these here forums than myself.

I saw an occupational health Dr on Tuesday and when asking when medications and supplements I take, I told her Taurine was one.

She them said that Taurine can actually cause ectopic beats, as I commented that that was why I was taking it. She basically said don't quote me on that but she'd done a bit of her own research and it was just as likely to as it was to help stop them happening.

Is this actually true?

I only ask as I'm now almost 2 years post ablation and in the past 2 months my ectopics are increasing but time. I had been increasing my doses of Taurine, L-Arginine and magnesium in response but it doesn't seem to have made any difference. Not full on afib - yet - but lots of ectopics and a very 'sensitive' heart.

Is it worth reducing dose for a while and seeing?
Re: Can Taurine cause ectopics?
March 28, 2019 08:33AM
I'd probably change dosage of one at a time and see what happens.

Here is a thread from 2006. Gunnar, the OP, is a very bright chemist from Sweden who had worked in the US <[www.afibbers.org] .

Another paper <[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

George
March 28, 2019 09:41AM
Thanks George,

That's very interesting to read this post from Gunnar. I have to say, I've never noticed a connection between taking taurine and when the ectopics occur. I'll have to play about with dosages a bit over the next few weeks and find out.

Also, the ncbi article I'd glanced at before, but it's interesting to note the high doses of taurine and l-arginine mentioned in there. At the moment I'm taking 4000mg a day of both, along with around 400mg magnesium. I'm trying to up my intake of natural potassium too, before starting on a supplement.

Something to ponder, anyway..
March 28, 2019 11:40AM
Heart Calm contains 1000mg of Taurine.

March 28, 2019 02:20PM
JakeL
Heart Calm contains 1000mg of Taurine.

[i.postimg.cc]

Is the crucifix on the right a warning ?

( grinning smiley Okay, I'm already leaving...)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login