Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

EP Docs or EP department at Cleveland Clinic?

Posted by MadMax 
EP Docs or EP department at Cleveland Clinic?
March 13, 2019 04:41PM
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have experience with an EP at Cleveland, or worked with the department there?

I noticed they have a functional medicine department too, which I thought was a great idea, and I wonder how it's received by traditional doctors.

Thanks.
Re: EP Docs or EP department at Cleveland Clinic?
March 15, 2019 01:25PM
Hi Max - Is this question for your own care?

Jackie
March 15, 2019 02:06PM
Thanks Jackie, yes it is a question for my own care. I don't feel as though I'm getting good answers from my cardiologist or my GP, and my capacity and condition is significantly deteriorating over time. After talking to the surgeon's office who worked on me in Cleveland, she suggested contacting their EP department. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience there, as my recent trip to the heart center was exceptional. Thanks.
March 19, 2019 12:56AM
Especially in cardiology (including EP) the C. Clinics have the highest reputation possible. I cant recommend any
particular ablationist there (I consulted with them for an ascending aortic aneurysm), but I am sure they have
practitioners amongst the very best in the world. The celebrated Dr. Natalie was there prior to setting up TCA.
They also have an unusually thorough and detailed web site which
describes their procedures, recommendations, options, etc in detail. In addition they have a unique program of providing
consultations and "reviews" (of your individual case) at-a-distance. There are two such programs. One free, in that you submit
your MRs and a full staff physician reviews this and communicates back a report and decision on how they are willing to treat your
case. The second is more in depth, an actual consultation which you pay a fee for, but only if you opt not to be treated there. Call them
for details on all this. Its quite a boon if your dont live close!
March 19, 2019 01:13PM
Hey IDbill thank you very much.

I was in the cardiac center a few months ago for a little tuneup on my aorta (they replaced it with a vacuum cleaner tube) and even though I've ever been in the hospital before, I have to say every single piece of it was incredibly impressive. Except the food there, actually, I never ate one thing the hospital provided during the 8 days. Even the nurses joked about it and they have a big refrigerator for patient supplied meals.

Thanks again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login