Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Congestive heart

Posted by Erin 
Congestive heart
March 08, 2019 09:02PM
i had an episode of afib that lasted five hours. I caught 100'beats per minute. This was feb 25. Started on eliquis and after second dose had bloating and shortness of breath 4 hours later. Fast forward five more days. Went to er for breathing. My bnp was supposed to be 100 and it was 183. So he diagnosed congestive heart. Er doctor thought flu might have contributed as well as afib. Heart doctor said continue eliquis and echogram coming up. Couldnt do that today cause i came down with stomach flu. Er doc said he didnt think much damage. But echo would show. I searched this,forum and couldnt bring up anything so please dont tell me to go elsewhere or ask doctor. I will do that but was just curious if anyone had had any experience. I had flu shot but the coughing was so bad and just when i thought i was out of the woods , the afib occurred. Then today when i was supposed to see cardiologist, the stomach flu hit. Thanks for any comments.
Re: Congestive heart
March 10, 2019 09:50AM
Congestive heart diagnosis is a serious diagnosis. I gather he determined this without any further testing?
March 10, 2019 09:52AM
That was er dignosis based on bnp levels. I see cardiologist on march 18
I want an echo
March 10, 2019 04:30PM
Yes, you need the echo. That will measure left ventricular ejection fraction (EF) and that is the main diagnostic criterion for heart failure.
March 10, 2019 08:48PM
Thank you
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login