Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Flu and skipping beats

Posted by tango232 
Flu and skipping beats
March 07, 2019 04:52PM
So I just got the flu on Monday and Tuesday and Thursday I started to feel my heart having palpitations or skipping beats every so often. Since my cardioversion I've felt these almost every day but only once or twice a day. Is this just cuz I'm fighting this bad flu?
Joe
Re: Flu and skipping beats
March 07, 2019 05:19PM
Possibly. Happened to me last winter as well including quit irregular heart rate but still with a P wave before each QRS complex.
March 07, 2019 08:54PM
The flu, or any bad infection - bacterial or viral, will dehydrate you and cause systemic inflammation. Don’t draw any conclusions as far as AF is concerned. You’ve been hit by a bus. Bad things are going to happen. Just rest, get better and get on with life.
March 08, 2019 07:16AM
Did you take the Flu Vaccination? IMO, It is inexcusable not to take the flu shot unless there is some real medical reason why one cannot.
March 10, 2019 12:12PM
I got walking pneumonia in May 2018. After only having a handful a year, I immediately started getting PVCs up to 10 a minute for short stretches but normally 1 every 1 to 5 minutes. They would go in and out for months. They finally calmed down last month.
March 11, 2019 09:37AM
There is an aggressive flu strain that is affecting a lot of people. Just received an email from a friend and former afibber who reported this:

After 3 days of futilely trying every natural therapy that normally brings healing, I became really concerned because my respiratory tract was super inflamed and I was getting severely sleep deprived. The dangers of an aneurysm from almost non-stop violent, gagging coughing (from lung/ throat congestion) drove me to go to the hospital ER. The X-Ray’s showed bronchitis, forming pneumonia and blood tests confirmed a para-influenza. IV Antibiotics and high potency prescription cough suppressants for three days in hospital brought it under control. I was discharged yesterday. I haven’t had a flu and only one cold in the last 10 years. I forgot how much suffering flus cause.

I looked up Human parainfluenza... HPIV... and the flu vaccine will not protect you from this virus...so beware.

[www.cdc.gov]

Also, the news Sat. night on the 'new flu' bug showed a map of the US... with every state affected colored with red.
All the states were red.

The caveat here...is if you get the flu and it starts to localize in your lungs or throat... get help immediately.

Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login