Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

4 q25

Posted by Joe 
Joe
4 q25
March 03, 2019 05:54PM
I've come across this gene and it's supposed have something to do with AF/stroke risk. There are 30 more genes related to that problem - can't wait to learn more about it! Has anybody got info on the 30?
[www.youtube.com]
Dr. Brewer also talks about reducing the risk of stroke......
Re: 4 q25
March 03, 2019 10:16PM
Joe
Has anybody got info on the 30?

In Promethease I've got 7 "good" SNPs, 2 bad and 9 unknown related to afib on 23 & me. I'm good on the two SNP's he mentions. Here are all the afib SNP's in Snpedia <[www.snpedia.com]
Joe
March 04, 2019 01:54AM
Thanks George! I'll compare my 23&me results as soon as i get time.
March 04, 2019 08:14AM
Joe
Thanks George! I'll compare my 23&me results as soon as i get time.

Not sure if you've done this, but you can download your raw data file from 28andMe, then upload <[promethease.com] for a nominal fee.

My experience is that except for some "big" (high impact) SNP's like ApoE4 & Brca1 (also methylation Snp's) it is hard to meaningfully interpret the results. My afib results above are a case in point. If you just looked at numbers of good vs. bad you'd think it wouldn't get afib, but I have it. I think that epigenetics makes a huge difference (basically which Snp's are turned on or off). Much harder to figure out. Rhonda Patrick's (foundmyfitness.com) analysis is also useful.

George
Joe
March 04, 2019 05:18PM
I have the Rhonda Patrick's analysis and i will get the promethease as well.
Unfortunately there is a long way to go with genetics at this stage. Suspect AF is not a priority like factor 8 (hemophilia) which seems to respond well to genetic treatment.
Epigenetic changes you mention make sense in some cases. Not sure it's possible to reverse them? Should be???
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login