Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Levalbuterol tartrate HFA inhaler ( Xopenex HFA)

Posted by Sunshine13 
Levalbuterol tartrate HFA inhaler ( Xopenex HFA)
March 02, 2019 02:30PM
Hi Everyone,
Having a lot of chest tightness. I was prescribed levalbuterol tartrate HFA inhaler . Just got over an episode of a fib. Has anyone had success with this inhaler in not getting a fib. I really don’t want to have another episode. Any suggestions really appreciated . Thank you .
Re: Levalbuterol tartrate HFA inhaler ( Xopenex HFA)
March 02, 2019 07:59PM
Sorry you're having trouble. Have you had a respiratory infection, have asthma....? While I might use the rescue inhaler twice per day when having issues I emphasize more steroid inhaler. Most of the time I can get balance. I like Pulmicort 180. It's double the usual. At baseline I might take one puff twice per day. With an infection I would bump it up to 2 puffs twice per day. And I have taken more for a day at the beginning to keep from taking the oral prednisone. That and changing my diet for anti-inflammation I have gotten to the point where I don't need any lung meds most of the time. I thought Xopenex was supposed to be less symptoms than Albuterol, but we're all unique in our reactions. There is one steroid inhaler (I think it was blue; can't remember the name) that I reacted to as soon as I inhale (like prickly heat rash in the airway), so listen to your body, talk to your Doc for ideas to customize. Wishing you the best!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login