Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rengence insurance

Posted by Kleinkp 
Rengence insurance
March 01, 2019 07:13PM
I'm booked for May 16th for Dr. Natale Ablation. My insurance is now asking for documentation that I'm having symptomatic paroxsmyal or persistent AFibb. Is this the norm for pre-authorzation or are they trying not to approve the pre-auth? Sent in last Drs. Visit chart notes from October. Cliff notes of Chart nots explain breakthrough persistent afibb episode while on medication (flec/met) that self converted.

Thanks
Kevin
Re: Rengence insurance
March 01, 2019 07:22PM
Of course they're trying to deny the authorization but that's standard for insurance companies. The mystery is why they're asking you for this information. They should be asking TCAI or whoever treated you previously, not you. Call Natale's office and ask them to submit the proof the insurance company wants.
March 01, 2019 07:29PM
Should I wait to see if a copy of the chart note will do or Call Natales office asap?
March 01, 2019 07:35PM
I just went ahead and sent Norma at TCAI the letter and asked if they can take care of it please. They have my complete afibb records.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2019 10:19PM by Kleinkp.
March 01, 2019 09:00PM
Yep, that's the way to go. You don't want to get tangled up dealing with an insurance company when TCAI employs people who do this every day and know how the system works.
March 08, 2019 02:56PM
Regence denied my ablation pre authorization. What now? Saying I'm not symptomatic, just a few months ago I had a 60 her break through while taking flec. Failed 2 other drugs over last 8 yrs. Beyond frustrating!! Any ideas how to have them see the light??
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login