Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hello & Update

Posted by Victoria 
Hello & Update
February 26, 2019 07:11PM
Hello everyone. I haven't posted in a long time but wanted to give you all a quick update. 2018 was quite the year for me. Had a stroke in January. First ablation in March. Second ablation in August. Right knee total replacement in October. Left knee total replacement in December. Lost 90 pounds. !!!!

Recently had my follow up with Dr. Natale and he said I could go off the Eliquis. I was so excited. But then a few days later I wondered if I should have reminded him that I had a stroke which was originally why I was put on AC. As an aside, during the second ablation he did not need to isolate my LAA. So I'm thinking I'm ok. I believe I'll have another follow up in a few months and will double check.
Re: Hello & Update
February 26, 2019 09:21PM
Wow, 2018 was a hell of a year for you! Congrats on the 90 pounds!

If I were you, I would call your nurse contact and double check on the Eliquis. I'm very surprised he would clear you to stop Eliquis with a stroke in your history even if he didn't isolate your LAA. The stroke gives you 2 points on the CHADS-Vasc score, which puts you in "probably should be" on AC, and if you're over 65 that's another point, which puts you in "definitely should be" territory.
February 27, 2019 12:30AM
I ditto what Carey said.....I’d check with your doc.

I hope this next year is better for you!
February 27, 2019 06:54AM
So glad that your are doing well Victoria.
March 01, 2019 07:25AM
smiling bouncing smiley Great to see you are doing well...but do follow up on your blood thinner.
March 01, 2019 08:18AM
Really good to hear from you again Victoria!

What a past year you have had! And congrats on the 90lbs, that’s a great accomplishment that can really help keep the lid on the AFIB kettle too! Especially in top of the expert ablation process and also reduce any further stroke risk.

Do contact your NP to clarify the OAC issue though, in light of the stroke you had prior to your ablations

Keep us posted too and...

Be well,
Shannon
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login