Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Source for changes in the last 10 years?

Posted by MadMax 
Source for changes in the last 10 years?
February 21, 2019 08:34AM
Hi everyone,

I've read here a few times that the a-fib landscape has changed a lot in the last 10 years, with new information, treatments and results. Some of the material here is 10 years old or more, and I'm trying to figure out how to tell if it has been superseded.

Having so much in one place is an amazing result, as is everyone who contributes here.

If you were me, and just starting, would you still read the older material and where could you find the newer results?

Thank you!
Re: Source for changes in the last 10 years?
February 21, 2019 09:04AM
The ablation landscape has changed significantly. Likewise with anticoagulation. With meds and non pharma approaches, not so much. The introduction of PIP (on-demand) usage of meds to convert to NSR was introduced in 2004, as I recall. For these topics, the older info is still very useful, IMO.
February 21, 2019 09:12AM
Thank you George, that's helpful. I'm continuing to read it all.
February 21, 2019 10:07AM
Great Question MadMax,

And George gave us his usual excellent answer above! We have, and always we’ll so long as I have a say, will be the primary online AFIB resource that is truly ‘holistic’ in our approach in that we offer an encyclopedic wealth of life-style risk reduction tips and protocols as well the best of integrative/functional medicine of which, it’s safe to say, we host the greatest range and depth is such ‘self-health’ Information on the web, and the second vital component of our ‘holistic’ view here on Afibbers.org is our embrace and education about top-level cutting-edge allopathic electrophysiology which has been the single most important ... and by far ... the most requested component in the long-term freedom from all Atrial arrhythmia achieved by the greatest number of folks who have passed through this website that we reliably know about.

George is so right ... that the vast majority of the excellent resources regarding integrative/functional medicine and nutrient repletion, while of an older vintage, is still highly relevant and very useful to explore to add more nuance and understanding about all the ways we have found may prove helpful for many Afibbers in their quest to bring all the best options to bare in dealing with this often seemingly intractable problem.

There can be many stages of how one thinks, feels and acts in response to the often progressive nature of this. Induction from the majority of Afibbers over time.

I’ve got to head out and clear 7” and climbing of snow off my car to make a couple of appointments plus two morning phone calls with forum members I have scheduled. But when I return this afternoon I will write a response to a new poster last night (that I became aware of this morning) who took issue with our approach and it’s effectiveness, that I feel requires a response to set the record straight. Will get to it when as I can after returning home.

Cheers!
Shannon
February 21, 2019 10:52AM
Hi George -

I agree that afibbers.org is the premier place for electrophysiology information and debate, coupled with evidence-based holistic lifestyle dialogue and functional medicine. In no way was I questioning the veracity of the information here, it's been incredible. My attempt in this post was to find out what was different, since I've read it in the forums so many times.

Adding to your comment on George, I've found his experience and willingness to share extremely valuable to me, perhaps because of what I see as similarities between him and me.

Good luck with your morning, we did not get that much snow here (the storms are always so much better in the news) and my day is full of resting, recovery and learning.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login