Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

how to keep up w/info on this site - suggestions.....

Posted by Madeline 
how to keep up w/info on this site - suggestions.....
February 19, 2019 09:18PM
Hi, I am new to your site lately & on it whenever I can squeeze it in. I have seen so much helpful stuff to know now & for the future. Do you have any suggestions as to the best way to keep up with certain tips/articles? Is there a way to take certain blocks of info & drag them into some personal afibbers area of my own, so when I want to find that ???something that I can barely remember, I can look into my area & see all the helpful info I have copied for myself? It would be easier than searching the whole site for any & everything. Or is there a way to tag/star certain of the posts that you find useful to have around for future reference? I am feeling stressed that I will not remember so much of what I am reading here. I already read Hans' book twice & underlined it & now find out I have to keep doing this for life.

I have spent a lot of time doing this sort of thing since my thyroid was totally removed (surprisingly & rather suddenly) in 2005. I have read so many thyroid & a few adrenal books & been on a few different groups dealing with all that off & on for years. I am overwhelmed that I now have to start doing all that again to learn so much about afib. When I first got diagnosed with AF last yr, it seems most people I told that I had it belittled it & acted as if it was no big deal (though they did not have it, but knew someone who did). Little do they know how much there is to learn!

I guess I could try to copy posts & paste them into a word document of my own.

Any tips on how you find it best to keep up, I would appreciate.

Thanks.
Re: how to keep up w/info on this site - suggestions.....
February 20, 2019 10:24AM
I would suggest using bookmarks ("favorites") in your browser. When you find a post you want to be able to refer back to, create a bookmark for it and you'll be able to go directly back to it later.
February 20, 2019 10:37AM
Hi Madiline,

I agree with you completely, I feel as though there's an overwhelming amount of information, experience and opinions here, like drinking from a fire hose. I'm very grateful for it too.

Please check out Evernote. It's a free service at the basic level, you can take your own notes, annotate PDFs, clip web pages and tag everything you save with your own system. I've used it for years and it works really really well, based on Darwin's idea of a "common book" that lead him to the discovery of evolution.

evernote.com

I hope that helps you.
February 20, 2019 11:50AM
Excellent suggestion MadMax on using Evernote, as well as several other similar products available, for keeping track of, and organizing, our digital worlds!

Also, I think that once our website redesign project, that is underway now, is fully finished and up and running in the coming few months time, we will all find an easier to navigate and find your way around our valuable resource!

Cheers!
Shanmon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2019 09:49PM by Shannon.
February 20, 2019 06:34PM
Thank you to all: Carey, MadMax, Shannon
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login