Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Quite a wait !

Posted by IDbill 
Quite a wait !
February 16, 2019 11:48AM
I have been offered an appointment for a " 1 day" ablation procedure at TCA with Dr. Natalie. However that is for May 30! Although I did understand that he was well booked up, I had hoped for earlier. Since my Afib was clearly diagnosed more than a year back, it has rapidly progressed from paroxysmal to persistent, and I have not developed a solid drug regimen for control (during my daily exercise my HR often
exceeds 180 bpm !). So, am eager to move ahead! I can look into some other TCA EP, but need a best recommendation. Whom would be a best alternate choice to Natalie?
Re: Quite a wait !
February 16, 2019 04:02PM
I'm surprised you got in that soon. I made my appointment about this time of year and had to wait until August. What you can do is ask to be put on the list for cancellations. People do cancel, and I know of someone who got a slot just two weeks out that way.

Stick with Natale. Take your beta blockers to keep that rate down and just wait it out.
February 16, 2019 05:12PM
I had Dr. Rodney Horton at TCAI do my ablation and I think he is fantastic.
February 16, 2019 07:13PM
I’d keep the appointment. Our moderator, Shannon, has had some success in the past at getting folks seen sooner when conditions warrant. You can always message him.
February 16, 2019 07:45PM
I was scheduled this week for May 16th. I was offered March 6th as well. You may want to check back asap to see if that date is still available. That was last Monday the 11th when I booked.
February 17, 2019 09:20AM
I concur with the others, keep that date with Natale and ask them to let you know if there is an earlier cancellation. A 3.5 month wait is short for someone of Natale's caliber.
February 17, 2019 11:43AM
There is always cancellations. They called me on a last minute cancellation and ask if I wanted it. I live 8 hours away but my schedule was very flexible. We drove down the next day.
Anonymous User
February 19, 2019 03:30PM
What about Scripts in San Diego? He goes there too
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login