Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fluttering heartbeats, sore back and sneezing.

Posted by JDfiB 
Fluttering heartbeats, sore back and sneezing.
February 13, 2019 11:00AM
Many times when I have some fluttering heartbeats, my left upper back muscles in the shoulder blade area will become tight and sore. I will then also experience sneezing and nasal congestion that feels similar to allergies. It doesn’t typically progress to an AFIB event but it sure feels like it could. I asked a cardiologist about this and their response was “ If you feel it then it must be related.” I was hoping for a better explanation as to why it might occur or maybe that it possibly isn’t related to AFIB at all. Is there anyone out there with a similar symptom experience?
I’ve been searching this subject on the internet for quite some time and have found no answers. I have been reading much on this forum and appreciate and thank you for all the information that is offered here.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2019 02:22PM by JDfiB.
Re: Fluttering heartbeats, sore back and sneezing.
February 14, 2019 04:18PM
JDfIB... Welcome. To help ferret out related clues... some questions:

Do your fluttering heartbeats come at random or can you connect them to a particular time of day/night or activity? .... after you've eaten a particular food or beverage?.... age?... normal weight?.... any digestive issues? if so
when?

Jackie
February 14, 2019 04:58PM
They seem relatively random in that I haven't been able to pin them to a specific food or drink trigger. Possibly posture related when I am sitting on the couch at night but they also occur during the day along with the back tension and nasal sinus symptoms. I am 63 years old OK weight and no digestive problems. I have been using a CPAP for 6 months and take dilitazem ,propafenone and Xarelto. Blood pressure is under control. I often wonder do the fluttering beats bring the tension or does the tension bring the fluttering beats. Thanks for your response.
February 16, 2019 07:53AM
Pinched Nerve in the Cervical Spine (neck area)? That would make sense if Postural changes cause the tightness in the Shoulder Blade area. Since the left side is worse than the right side that is also consistent with Nerve Issues.
February 16, 2019 07:44PM
The Anti-Fib
Pinched Nerve in the Cervical Spine (neck area)? That would make sense if Postural changes cause the tightness in the Shoulder Blade area. Since the left side is worse than the right side that is also consistent with Nerve Issues.
That's possible although my chiropractor has not come across that before during my adjustments.
February 17, 2019 07:28AM
No one else is responding, so I am just offering this in case it helps. If you wanted to really look into a Pinched Nerve issue, I think an MRI would be the best way. An Orthopedic or Pain Doctor would order this test in addition to your Chiro. In my case, just getting an adjustment didn't activate the Pinched Nerve. If you know where it is at, you can press down on the side of the Spine, and it causes my Trap and Shoulder Blade to go into Spasms. Maybe start by running this issue by your Chiropractor.
February 25, 2019 08:05PM
The Chiropractor didn't feel this was a pinched nerve But there is a definite pain when there is a heart palpitation or flutter . But could back pain aggravate afib or could afib aggravate back pain. Lots of things to wonder about when you're just starting out.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login