Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Old friends

Posted by John21 
Old friends
February 09, 2019 03:20PM
Hi Everyone, I haven’t been on here in over 4 years. Been a fib free after a cryo-ablation in 2014 from Dr. Schwiekert (sp?) in Akron. Now , my father , who is 86 had an episode of a-flutter that lasted about 4 days. They were going to do a cardio version on hilm until he self converted. Put him on Eliquis and amiodarone. He’s being referred to an ablattionist in Bradenton Florida. I remember that there was a great EP down there , but I forget his name. Also worried about the amiodarone. Any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks much.
Re: Old friends
February 09, 2019 04:38PM
John21
He’s being referred to an ablattionist in Bradenton Florida. I remember that there was a great EP down there , but I forget his name. Also worried about the amiodarone.

Hi John,

You may be thinking of Dr. Sergio Pinski at Cleveland Clinic, Weston FL.

I'd be worried about amio also.

George
February 09, 2019 04:42PM
Hi George, thanks for the Reply, yea, I think it was Dr Pinski ! They are teetering on the amiodarone, My parents hate going against MD orders, but I may be able to convince them to hold off.
February 09, 2019 06:19PM
It drives me nuts when EPs start with amio. That should be the last drug they try.
February 09, 2019 08:26PM
Straight to the nuclear option. They’re doing it because he’s 86 and they don’t want to be bothered by progressing through the AAR protocols. Pure lazy if you ask me.

How’s his kidney function? That’s the only reason I can think of for going straight to ami. It doesn’t clear renally.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login