Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nitrous oxide

Posted by tsco 
Nitrous oxide
February 06, 2019 09:30PM
Would a nitrous oxide supplement like NEO40 be ok for us afibbers?

Any bad effects in boosting our nitric oxide?
Re: Nitrous oxide
February 06, 2019 09:37PM
Nitric oxide is a blood gas that acts to relax the arterial walls. Nitrous oxide is the laughing gas we all know and love from the dentist’s office so many years ago.

Supplements like L-arginine or L-citruline can increase nitric oxide. The caveat is if you’re on blood pressure medication then the combination can result in too low blood pressure (hypotension) which can make you black out or fall down.
February 06, 2019 10:24PM
Several friends have had good success using beet root powder to increase nitric oxide and lower blood pressure.
February 07, 2019 02:51AM
George,

Does beet root powder need to be used raw to get all the benefits or is it just as useful if used in cooking?

Thanks
Sam
February 07, 2019 05:30AM
Nitric Oxide can be produced naturally by humming.

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]
February 07, 2019 10:18AM
NO can also be produced by doing this exercise, plus it has other benefits:

[fitness.mercola.com]
February 07, 2019 04:32PM
Tsco - you can go to this book review on The Nitric Oxide Solution by one of NO experts...
Use the Look Inside feature. You may be able to find enough support that you feel comfortable using.
[www.amazon.com]

Also at that website, scroll down a bit on the page to the other book by Louis Ignaro, MD, one of the premier researchers.... NO More Heart Disease... and do the same thing.

Do a search online to confirm that using the L-citrulline eliminates one step in the conversion process... as I recall.

Jackie
February 07, 2019 04:45PM
mwcf
George,

Does beet root powder need to be used raw to get all the benefits or is it just as useful if used in cooking?

Thanks

Mike, I don't know, Everybody I know just puts in in liquid and drinks it. Here is the instructions my friend got:

She was told to take 1/2 tsp a day of BeetElite, beet root powder and it did the trick. <[www.amazon.com]

George
February 25, 2019 01:10AM
I did check into Neo40, but found it very expensive, especially over time. With me, the Now brand 1,000 Citrulline tablets work very well. The citrilline/arginine combo also works well along with pycnogenol (100mg, Healthy Origins brand)I can see a huge difference in the veins standing up on my arms and hands, and I was taking it honestly to help in the bedroom as well. It has made a difference. If you are interested in nitric oxide, I have learned a bunch over at Excel Male. Look up "Gene's Stack", the guy is a body builder (no steriods), the supplements he uses (available at Amazon, etc) can really turn up the nitric oxide.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login