Advanced

Watchman device

Posted by Elizabeth 
Watchman device
February 03, 2019 03:00PM
Louise [ PM ]
Re: Watchman Implant experience new
February 01, 2019 07:00PM Registered: 5 years ago

I had my Watchman procedure yesterday and, as you all said, it was a piece of cake! I was home by 3:30 pm with only a slight ache from the puncture.

I was just looking at the TEE results (I’ve never had one before.) In part, “ The left atrium is slightly dilated. The right atrium is normal size.”

In the results from my echocardiogram in November, it showed both were “severely dilated.” Could this have changed in that time? Is the TEE a better picture? I don’t see Dr. Doshi for a follow up until March 13, so I assume all is well. (Except for my high heart rate, which I intend to address with slowly elevated aerobic exercise.)

Again, thank you all for always responding to my very uneducated questions. Louise

I believe Louise's post should be on this side as it is very important, so I put it here
Liz
Re: Watchman device
February 03, 2019 03:06PM
This is the other part of Louise's post.

Louise [ PM ]
Re: Watchman Implant experience
February 02, 2019 09:12AM Registered: 5 years ago

I’ve noticed a lot of “activity” in my heart since the procedure. I often have a rapid heart rate but I don’t feel it — just find out when I use my heart rate phone ap. Could this be an after effect of the propofol? Or possibly just shock to my body? Even being in permanent afib for years I’ve only rarely been aware of such “hard” beating. I walked to the Dr.’s office yesterday morning and my boss was 101/59 and heart rate was 87. I’ve been resting/reading and not doing much and my hr seems to stay in the 70’s and 80’s but there is a lot of movement. I’m not saying flutter, tachycardia or pacs because I don’t know the difference.
Re: Watchman device
February 21, 2019 10:46PM
Thank you, Liz. I’m not sure what happened as I have not had any response except you since 2/1. I feel like I have been black listed or something!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login