Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cold weather and AF

Posted by Elizabeth 
Cold weather and AF
January 30, 2019 03:16PM
I got an episode of AF early Tues. morning at 2:00 a.m. it was mild, when resting the beat is ok, but when moving around it appears like AF. Now my heart rate is fast around 95 BPM, it is steady but fast. The funny thing a year ago in Jan. 2018 I got the same thing a couple of times, at that time I went to the ER and they said it wasn't AF it lasted around 3 days at that time., I still am in a fast heartbeat but feel ok. I live in Michigan and It is bitter cold. Hopefully it acts the same as last year and will run its course, in May, june, july and middle of Aug. I did not get any AF, I got only a couple episodes in Sept. Oct., Nov but Jan. of this year this last episode is the second one this month. It may be flutter, but the heartrate is 95.

Liz

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2019 03:20PM by Elizabeth.
Re: Cold weather and AF
January 30, 2019 03:33PM
Could very well be flutter. Best just get an appointment with your cardiologist and do a 12-lead EKG. I'd be surprised if they couldn't work you in on a day's notice.
January 30, 2019 04:44PM
When I went to the ER last year they did an EKG and said no AF but they didn't know if it was flutter. What I have now is the same thing as last year.

I have a pacemaker, I am going to send in a reading.

Liz
January 31, 2019 10:04AM
Hi Liz - Do be cautious with this severely-cold weather... this morning (here) it was -4 degrees with a much lower windchill temp equivalent. I'm limiting my outdoor exposure until this Arctic blast moves through. No sense risking it. I hope your heart settles down quickly.

Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login