Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tasty Magnesium Cocoa Drink – FYI

Posted by Jackie 
Tasty Magnesium Cocoa Drink – FYI
January 29, 2019 06:04PM
It’s officially Winter here and, recently, I was introduced Cocoa Mag ™ hot chocolate - a pleasant way to add supplemental magnesium to one’s daily intake via a cozy and warm chocolate-flavored nutritional drink.

Cocoa Mag contains 160 mg of the highly-bioavailable TRAACS® magnesium glycinate chelate in cocoa powder along with 400 IU (50% RDA) of Vitamin D3 and almost 300 mg of potassium…. (see label listing at link that follows). The Cocoa Mag ™ is easy to prepare and pleasant tasting.

After using it once daily (breakfast) for several weeks, I added a second (enjoyable) cup in the evening as a nice way to contribute to my daily magnesium requirement intake.

If you have trouble staying committed to your daily magnesium intake or are just bored with taking capsules or powder, consider trying Coco Mag.™.

To order online go to "vazzello Cocoa Mag" at Amazon.com
[www.amazon.com]

Jackie

Product description
“Nothing quite affects mood like cocoa and magnesium together”

But what Vazzello Cocoa Mag does best is getting magnesium into those who need it the most. A significant part of the population cannot take or has difficulty taking magnesium capsules. For these people, it is difficult for them to supplement this important mineral. An easily prepared drinkable format overcomes this challenge and provides an already dissolved, readily absorbable and bio-available nutrient solution.

Cocoa Mag is formulated with a patented true chelate form of magnesium with an unmatched safety profile and a large portfolio of high-quality research (Albion). A true chelate also minimizes the chance of any GI intolerance often found with other types of magnesium.

As a Stevia-sweetened product, it contains only 35 calories. Although convention requires carbohydrates to be listed a certain way, most of the carbs in this formulation (7) are zero because erythritol has zero net carbs. Erythritol is not broken down by the body so it cannot provide calories, affect blood sugar or contribute to usable carb count.

A significant effort was made with Cocoa Mag to eliminate any off flavors so that even very sensitive people could take it without issue.
Re: Tasty Magnesium Cocoa Drink – FYI
January 29, 2019 06:40PM
Brilliant! Thank you, Jackie. LS V8 is growing old.
January 29, 2019 06:45PM
Jackie, where did you purchase yours? Amazon is out of stock.
January 29, 2019 08:19PM
Catherine
LS V8 is growing old.

Double check your LSV8 for magnesium. I believe most of us drink it for the potassium. I don’t see mag listed on the nutrition label. Also, many are intolerant of Stevia.
January 29, 2019 08:37PM
AB, you are correct. I skipped a beat.

I down two cans a day for the potassium.
January 29, 2019 08:54PM
How much caffeine is in this cocoa?
January 29, 2019 09:04PM
Made in Candler, NC. Good to see that town is producing more than just the toxic fumes from the packaging plant in the middle of it! If you’ve ever driven I-40 headed to Tennessee, you know what I’m talking about.

I’ll have to give this a try. I’ve sworn off Doctor’s Best because of the fact it’s made in China now. I use the Healthy Origins powder, but the taste isn’t great. Have to force it down.

Edit: Sorry, that's Canton with the stinky factory. Candler is a few miles east, but you can probably still smell the thing! Next time I'm in western NC I'll go looking for the manufacturer. It's only a few miles from where I usually stay.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2019 10:31AM by wolfpack.
January 30, 2019 04:48PM
Wolfpack, I can’t find any sellers. Let us know, if you find one.
January 31, 2019 09:59AM
greyhound gal....

I checked on the caffeine content in the cocoa component....

There are five grams of cocoa per serving....and that would equate to about 8 to 9 milligrams total of caffeine per serving.

If you have a past history of cocoa sensitivity, I'd avoid that completely.... given your high prevalence to heart activity with various substances.

Jackie

Cocoa Mag will soon be available directly from Vazzello online rather than having to rely on Amazon to have inventory.

Catherine... remember the rule.... You must optimize intracellular magnesium first before adding potassium - otherwise, if magnesium is low, adding potassium will increases the refractory period.. or time between beats.

With many individuals, it can take a long time...many months... to first: optimize those IC Mg stores... and second.. to maintain at that level... (because magnesium is so easily depleted by so many factors)... as indicated in the Magnesium Reminder post.

Jackie
January 31, 2019 09:29PM
Thank Jackie. Ordered some today.
Don
February 02, 2019 07:32AM
When i was going through the ingredients (non-dutched – non-alkalized) got my attention. Had no idea what it really meant.
What's the Difference Between Dutch Process and Natural Cocoa Powder?
[www.seriouseats.com]
Dutch Process Cocoa Powder

Disappointingly, this does not mean that it wears tiny wooden shoes. Dutch process cocoa powder (also sometimes called "alkalized," "European style," or "Dutched") is washed with a potassium carbonate solution that neutralizes cocoa's acidity to a pH of 7. Although all cocoa powders can vary in color from light reddish brown to a richer dark brown, the Dutch process gives the powder a noticeably darker hue.

Dutch process cocoa has a smoother, more mellow flavor that's often associated with earthy, woodsy notes. There are also heavily Dutched "black" cocoa powders that bring the cocoa powder to an alkaline level of 8. This the kind of bittersweet cocoa you'll find in Oreo cookies.

Since Dutch process cocoa isn't acidic, it doesn't react with alkaline leaveners like baking soda to produce carbon dioxide. That's why recipes that use Dutch process cocoa are usually leavened by baking powder, which has a neutral pH.

Cocoa Mag website. [vazzello.com]
Go through the Practitioners link. Good info.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login