Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Night time ectopics

Posted by DavrosT 
Night time ectopics
January 21, 2019 10:54AM
Hi guys,

Having a number of health issues at the moment which may be triggering/not helping my ectopics but I've definitely seen an increase in this at night.

I should specify - when I say 'at night', it's literally when I lie down to go to sleep. So I'm wondering whether it's possibly partly caused by some underlying subconscious worry too.

Basically, I can sit up/lie down in bed reading for hours. As soon as the book is down and the lights off, my heart will start with its little hiccups and my sleep is disrupted. It's strange too, as the ectopics I experience when lying down are much different. They feel more subtle but sometimes I gasp myself out of an 'almost' sleep feeling like my heart has stopped.

I've recently begun taking herbal sleep aid, in the hopes this will relax me a bit more before bed.

I currently take around 2000mg per day of both taurine and l-arginine, as well as around 200mg magnesium and occasionally supplement with potassium if I feel I'm not getting enough in my diet. I'm also on ramipril for high BP, vitamin D 4000mg per day and a vitamin B complex.

Due to ongoing health issues, I've been on prescribed testosterone injections for around 2.5 weeks now and have also been having B12 injections for a few weeks.

So my question is - are there any good suggestions to calm these night time ectopics?
Re: Night time ectopics
January 21, 2019 11:00AM
Have you ever been tested for sleep apnea? Waking suddenly with a gasp is a classic sign.
January 21, 2019 11:09AM
Funnily enough, I was convinced a few months ago that I had sleep apnea, as I know my dad did. I spoke with my NHS nurse/GP and they said it didn't sound like apnea. Unfortunately, that's as far as it gets with some NHS staff!

I may have to return and push this a bit more though as I know there's a link between sleep apnea and afib, and that thought concerns me greatly.
January 24, 2019 01:55AM
I have been getting these every week or two. Just last night, I got Trigeminy (PAC's every 3rd Beat) and very Hard Beats when lying down to Bed. So bad, disrupted trying to sleep. I knew this was increasing my risk at AFIB, so I took Diltizem and a low dose of Bystolic, and then went for a Walk for 30 minutes. After that everything was fine, smooth NSR. In my case I think the causes are Stress and diet. Digestion issues seem to make things worse.

The Testosterone should be taken first thing in the morning when you get up, not at night.
January 24, 2019 06:05AM
My beats range from the very subtle (I have assumed this is due to gravity, i.e. I'm lying down) to quite hard when I'm awake. They change all the time. The more subtle bed time ones have really disrupted my sleep too. It's so hard when you're struggling due to fatigue and tiredness already.

Digestion has become an issue for me too. It was one of a long list of new health issue that started about 10 months ago that we've yet to get to the bottom of. I'm now totally GF and mostly dairy free as well but it doesn't help as much as I think it should, really.

Defo only taking testosterone injections at first thing in the morning.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login