Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Echo report

Posted by Elizabeth 
Echo report
January 17, 2019 05:09PM
I go sometimes to the pacemaker site and saw this post on someone who had an echo:

Lucky for you I work in a cardiac icu as a nurse so am pretty familiar with echo reports!

ECHO reports can be a little bit subjective to the practitioner that does them, each will see things slightly differently. With any left ventricular dilation/hypertrophy how hydrated or dehydrated you are can effect how efficient you heart is working. The more hydrated you are, the more water is in your blood, the more your heart has to push around your body and the harder it works - with any dilation this may mean it is working a bit harder than it can cope with and your ejection fraction will reduce.

We are told to always be hydrated yet this nurse says the more you are hydrated the more your ejection fraction will reduce, that doesn't sound very good, is this so.

Liz
Re: Echo report
January 17, 2019 07:07PM
She's talking about people in heart failure. If you don't have heart failure then her advice doesn't apply and being well hydrated doesn't reduce ejection fraction.
Re: Echo report
January 17, 2019 08:59PM
Carey:

Ok, thank you, I didn't know that, didn't sound right about being hydrated would lead to a reduction in ones ejection fraction.

L
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login