Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stomach issues

Posted by katesshadow 
Stomach issues
January 16, 2019 02:01PM
I have been dealing with some stomach issues off and on since being diagnosed with the AFib. Because of the timing I figure it's the medicine. A friend advised kefir and it seemed like it helped for a day or so. I take 3 pills in the morning, a beta blocker (bisoprolol)/ diuretic, Norvasc, and Eliquis. I take the other Eliquis at night before I go to bed. I take the pills in the morning after I eat. I don't eat alot maybe a small muffin and some fruit. My husband says I really need to eat a lot more because of the medicine. I don't want to eat a lot though because I want to lose some weight. But it does seem like my stomach pains lessen when I eat. I read in a past post about betaine HCL. Does anyone know anything about it?
Re: Stomach issues
January 16, 2019 09:55PM
You eat more before meds and you have fewer problems. Believe what your body tells you. Just compensate by rearranging schedules rather than eating more. For example, you could take your other meds with dinner rather than in the morning.
January 17, 2019 09:10AM
Yes. I thought about that. Makes a lot of sense. I try to take the meds at the same time every day. Is it ok just to skip the AM ones (the BP pills) and take them at dinner (would a few hours matter one day)?. I can still do the Eliquis in the morning since I don't think it's the culprit.

I think I'll take them at lunch today and then start with dinner tomorrow.

Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2019 09:32AM by katesshadow.
January 17, 2019 10:14AM
Sure, no problem putting off the BP meds for half a day.
January 17, 2019 10:55AM
Carey
Sure, no problem putting off the BP meds for half a day.

I've heard so many things about beta blockers I didn't want to freak my heart out lol.
BP was 116/66 this morning so hopefully I can last til lunch. 😀😀
January 17, 2019 07:08PM
Even if your BP goes high that won't hurt you for a short period of time. Even days or a few weeks wouldn't be harmful.
January 18, 2019 02:26AM
116/66 is low (and good) side of normal for sure.
January 18, 2019 08:55AM
mwcf
116/66 is low (and good) side of normal for sure.[/quthatote]
That's with meds.....my goal is to get off of the BP meds. I think stress is to blame so I need to get a handle on it 😀
January 18, 2019 08:57AM
Carey
Even if your BP goes high that won't hurt you for a short period of time. Even days or a few weeks wouldn't be harmful.
I

I figured a day wouldn't matter but it's good to know.😀
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login