Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Yeast and Treatment

Posted by Jerry 
Jerry
Yeast and Treatment
November 08, 2003 12:03AM
Anybody have an opinion about yeast effects in general, and whether or not the concept of treating systemic yeast is effective and rational, or just another form of quackery?
Re: Yeast and Treatment
November 08, 2003 01:12AM
Jerry - Candida is a common pathogen that needs to be obliterated. Although there will always be some level of candida detectable, over-proliferation is not good.

There is a test from Great Smokies Labs called a Comprehensive Stool Analysis that checks Candida levels (along with other undesirable things such as parasites ...and very important things such as digestibality and absorption, etc.)

It isn't a hoax. Systemic candida treatment is relatively easy but it takes time and a change of diet during the process. I believe one can go to the Great Smokies web site and read about it. Candida proliferation can indicate an immune system that is functioning at a substandard level.

After my GSL evaluation that was positive for Candida, I followed an herbal program and was retested. No Candida.

Then I found a different method of elimination which is fast, easy and good for maintenance. The product is called Candex and works by dissolving or destroying the yeast cell walls. I believe they have a web site. I use this product as a maintence item - or preventive.

Intestinal Candida colonies thrive on carbohydrates. When the host consumes the carbs, the yeast then grows and produces the typical CO2 gas - this can create alot of digestive and intestinal discomfort. An easy evaluation is to note if after eating a carb-rich meal, one experiences indigestion and gas.....pretty positive for Candida.

The book, Digestive Wellness, by Elizabeth Lipski is just one of many that discusses the yeast problem... a classic is The Yeast Connection by William Crook... (I thinkit is William). That's been known forever and Dr. Crook is a recognized authority.

Anything that compromises the intestinal wall and creates permeability (Leaky Gut Syndrome) needs to be corrected since LGS allows large molecules of undigested protein to get into the blood stream and create allergens.... this leads to other complications such as autoimmune diseases including arthritis, etc.

There is quite a cascade of conditions that can be traced back to Candida if one knows where to look in the first place.

As it relates to afib.... there has been alot of discussion about bloating after meals that puts pressure on the stomach area/vagal stimulation/ and afib.

If you google Candida - you can get lost for weeks reading. Alot of it will relate to HIV conditions since that is opportunistic with suppressed or weakened immune systems.

Jackie
Rod
November 08, 2003 10:18AM
I investigated this one some time ago. I took a 3 month course of anti-fungal medications. Unfortunately I cannot remember which medication however it made no difference at all to any of my symptoms or my LAF.
Rod V54+p/m Tasmania.
J. Pisano
November 08, 2003 12:33PM
Jerry,

Remeber that Candida albicans, a single celled fungus, is always present in the intestinal tracts. The problem comes when it is in disproportionate quantities. (Balch, Prescription for Nutritional Healing Vol. 3, 2000)

When of the common terms we hear thrown about especially with children it the term "thrush" this is actually a candida infection of the mouth.

When you look at the host of problmes this fungus can cause when allowed to run rampant, to answer your question, your would do well to try and control it.

When candida outbreaks everywhere it is called SYSTEMIC CANDIDIASIS and when it becomes a severe problem it can actually get into the blood and cause poisoning of the most horrible types.

As Jackie said, Candida feeds on sugar and the way to control it is to stop the or lower the intake of carbohyrdates (Another word for SUGAR) and especially simple sugars.

If your body has an upset pH balance good bacteria such as lactobacilli and acidophilus will die and allow this candida to go unchecked.

Good things to take to help with this:

Acidophilus and Bifidus, to help fight the infection and replace destroyed
friendly bacterias.

GARLIC-Helps to inhibit the organism (and isn't it just about great for
everything else!)

B-Complex.

Note: any person who has been on long-term antibiotics are at high risk
for candidiasis.

I have first hand knowledge of an individual who was suffering from a host of problems like IBS, upset stomach, diarrhea and abdominal pain who actually had a candidiasis infection. Cleared up the imbalance and all his problems went away.

Joe
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login