Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Alastair, John, Liz H - on demand approach

Posted by Mike F. V42 
Mike F. V42
Alastair, John, Liz H - on demand approach
November 07, 2003 07:42PM
Hi,

Just a thought about your posts a while ago in which you spoke of increasingly frequent AF episodes with the on-demand approach. I just set me to thinking about that subject oft discussed here in the board by PC and Hans and others regarding the build-up period before AF episodes and the calm after them: implicit in this is that the AF episode gets 'something' out of the system and then that same 'something' builds up again until the next AF episode. IF you curtail the episode by on-demand meds, then it is arguable that the episode in being cut short does not get chance to release the 'something' as much as it would have by lasting longer, and hence the episode follows more quickly. Sorta the shorter the episode the shorter will be the period in between it and the next because the episode has not had chance to do it's thing! Not particularly well put, but I hope you get my drift FWIW. Most rush off. Just a thought,

Mike F.
Alistair
Re: Alastair, John, Liz H - on demand approach
November 08, 2003 06:53AM
I have also had the impression that converting too quickly somehow does'nt work. I almost seem to require so many hours a month in Afib.
Chris H
Re: Alastair, John, Liz H - on demand approach
November 09, 2003 09:38PM
Mike
Yes I get your drift and its something I can relate to. In the past without medication I got he feeling especially if I had overdone it that if I didn’t get a full blown attack of say 2-6 hours then, as apposed to having got away with it, my ectropics would increase and basic feeling of unrest until I had a “proper attack”. The attack then seemed to calm everything down.
I ‘m getting the same feelings now on medication that I’m not getting a full attack however 95% of my ectropics have stopped all the time due I believe to magnesium. Maybe it’s because I have become psychologically conditioned to cause and effect I feel like this. My period of abstinence starts again today that’s the only way of determining the effect of the on demand approach as far as my reaction goes.
Does this make any sense?

Chris H
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login