Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Magnesium Glycinate vs. Magnesium Threonate

Posted by Que 
Que
Magnesium Glycinate vs. Magnesium Threonate
December 01, 2018 12:22AM
I recently visited my nutritionist and she recommended Magnesium Threonate for migraines as it breaks the blood/brain barrier.

I was curious if anyone here had heard of Magnesium Threonate. I'm currently using Magnesium Glycinate for heart health, but would like to add Magnesium Threonate for migraines. Migraine sufferers also benefit with the addition of magnesium. Curious about how much to Magnesium Threonate to take. I'm currently on 800mg of Magnesium Glycinate daily.

Thanks
Q
Re: Magnesium Glycinate vs. Magnesium Threonate
December 01, 2018 08:50AM
Q: I take both forms of magnesium you mention in powder form. The Threonate supposedly relaxes the brain more since more of it gets to the brain faster which helps things like sleep, but it doesn't do that for me. I take 600 mg/day of each,- no bathroom issues.

George has posted frequently that he gets about the same effect from any form of magnesium. i think a mixture of forms is probably the best insurance. Like George I have noticed no difference in any of the magnesium s I've taken.

Dr. Perlmutter and LEF tout Threonate strongly.recommend it.

[www.drperlmutter.com]

Gordon
December 01, 2018 09:36AM
What Gordon said. Some people respond dramatically to Threonate for brain issues. You'll have to experiment. I take so much mag that the Threonate form would be very expensive if it were the only form I used compared to other forms. I took some before bed for a while, but saw no difference brain-wise. As Gordon says, for my heart/afib, any form works for me as long as I take it in sufficient quantity. Others experience may be different.

George
December 01, 2018 05:43PM
I take different types of magnesium; approximately 2000 mg a day is my dosage. Never have taken threonate but it would dent my wallet severely l. I have a fairly high bowel tolerance to magnesium. My biggest dosage is Magnesium Glycinate Doctors Best; 200 mg pills approximately 1600 mg a day plus Magnesium citrate.
December 01, 2018 07:51PM
Smackman:

Why don't you take the powder form of magnesium Glycinate that is a lot of pills to swallow?

L
December 02, 2018 10:54AM
Elizabeth
Smackman:

Why don't you take the powder form of magnesium Glycinate that is a lot of pills to swallow?

L

No good answer except I started taking Doctors Best Chelated Magnesium in 2012 and have just stayed with it. I will look at the powder.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login