Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SVT - regular Rhythm at 170

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
SVT - regular Rhythm at 170
November 22, 2018 08:19PM
Hi friends - well I finally caught the SVT on my event monitor so I’m waiting to hear from st. Davids on a date for my 3rd ablation. My first 2 were at the CC with the great Dr. Natale in 2000 (afib) and 2001 (PVC) The biggest issue I’m having right now is the SOB if I walk a normal distance. I’ve NEVER had this before so its very concerning. My HR is NSR in the 90’s when it happens but I can’t handle the SOB and weakness it causes. I’m really worried something else might going on. I have no appetite and I’ve lost 12 pounds in 2 weeks. My day now consists of sitting on my couch all day to prevent symptoms. Just 3 weeks ago I was working full time but now - that isn’t possible. Last night I was awaken by middle chest pain. God has a plan for my life and I trust in this but I’m hoping he gives me more time to spend with my wonderful family until he calls me home.
I believe that prayer heals So I am asking for your prayers.
God is good regardless of our circumstances ♥️
Re: SVT - regular Rhythm at 170
November 22, 2018 10:05PM
Is the SVT diagnosis from St David’s? I recall you posted in a previous thread about it but were unsure as to what the actual rhythm was. If you’ve received a diagnosis from them it may be helpful to share whatever level of detail you are comfortable with.
November 23, 2018 01:22AM
ajr1960
The biggest issue I’m having right now is the SOB if I walk a normal distance. I’ve NEVER had this before so its very concerning. My HR is NSR in the 90’s when it happens but I can’t handle the SOB and weakness it causes. I’m really worried something else might going on. I have no appetite and I’ve lost 12 pounds in 2 weeks. My day now consists of sitting on my couch all day to prevent symptoms. Just 3 weeks ago I was working full time but now - that isn’t possible. Last night I was awaken by middle chest pain.

You needed to be in a doctor's office two weeks ago. Make an urgent appointment with a local doctor ASAP. Scheduling an ablation is not an appropriate step for you at this point and if you've told Natale's office the truth about these symptoms I think you're going to hear the same from them.
Anonymous User
November 23, 2018 07:48AM
Wow Carey - don’t hold back next share. All of your “concerns” in your reply were already done “weeks” ago including a hospital stay and F/U so I guess I passed your judgement of being honest with all - including Natales office. Not everyone experiences the same symptoms with the same arrhythmias - I was just sharing mine. I am hopeful everything will fall into place once my arrhythmia is stableized. If not - at least I’ll be in good trusting hands where I’m sure they will figure it out.
November 23, 2018 11:24AM
Sorry if I was direct but sudden extreme weight loss, disabling SOB, and chest pain are alarming symptoms that suggest you need to be in an ER right now. And since you didn't say a word about having had any medical investigation it appeared you were just going it alone assuming these things were all caused by SVT. You then said you were worried something else might be going on, and I agree there's reason to worry about that.
I spent 15 years watching people die with symptoms like you described, so can you see why I was alarmed?

So what was the result of your hospitalization? Have you been given anything to control your heart rate? Have they attempted a cardioversion? And what about the chest pain? That sounds like it's new.
Anonymous User
November 23, 2018 11:37AM
Apologize accepted. I do believe you are a passionate person and that can come out as direct. I’ve made all my concerns known at each visit but as you know - Doctors need permission from Ins. Companies to order deeper testing so I think that’s the stall at this point. I am concerned and I’m hoping to jump through the hoops a little faster by seeing my local Dr. Weekly until a CT scan is ordered. Wish me luck
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login