Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to increase my INR

Posted by whitehaven 
How to increase my INR
November 20, 2018 08:59PM
Does anyone out there have any answers on how to increase one's INR levels? I do consume 3 oz of

natto everyday. Do you think the vitamin K content in natto is preventing my levels to increase? I thought that

natto has an anti coagulating effect as seen in the supplement form of nattokinase.

I've tried taking extra fish oil, turmeric, gingko, bromelain, etc. but nothing seems to work.

Also, which form of magnesium is the most effective in preventing afib episodes? ( currently I am taking mag citrate and glycinate)

Should I be taking liquid magnesium as well?
Re: How to increase my INR
November 21, 2018 01:06AM
Have you considered consulting your doctor, nurse or clinic and having your warfarin dosage adjusted? That's the usual solution.
November 21, 2018 05:45AM
Carey
Have you considered consulting your doctor, nurse or clinic and having your warfarin dosage adjusted? That's the usual solution.

I second this commet. Messing with your INR could have an undesirable outcome.
November 21, 2018 11:18AM
Unfortunately, they don't know anything about natto or nattokinase.
November 21, 2018 02:41PM
Whitehaven... have you always eaten natto food while taking warfarin?
If not, then was your INR in the acceptable range prior to starting the natto food?

I haven't looked up the charts that indicate the various vitamin K content numbers of natto food... but it's certainly known that if you eat too many veggies that are typically good sources of vitamin K1... the one that has to do with warfarin interference, or dietary if intake is inconsistent, then people have trouble with the the PT times.

Again, I have not looked this up to verify, but it could be that some types of natto food are higher than others in K1.
As for the K2 content... that's the enzyme that helps prevent arterial calcifications - specifically the K2 MK7 component.

I would think that if you just took the K2 MK7 in supplement form... the one that is known as NSK-SD(r) and were consistent with that you could manage your INR more reliably since it could eliminate "stray" interference from the residual K1 content in the natto food you are eating.

And, yes, as Carey mentions.. .it would be obvious to try increasing your warfarin dosing ... while maintaining the same consistent intake of natto food. But... once again, I have no knowledge about batch production variations when making natto food which might be running interference for your INR levels.

You certainly don't want to risk forming a clot due to warfarin interference.

Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login