Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Any Worries about an Operation Six months after Catheter Ablation

Posted by Sam 
Sam
Any Worries about an Operation Six months after Catheter Ablation
November 15, 2018 05:42AM
I am scheduled for a Urolift operation on the Prostrate on 6th December; six months after my Ablation in Bordeaux.

My heart rhythm has been very good though I've had other problems since. (I'll do a post in detail in the near future on this.)

There should only be local anaesthetic used and the procedure will last about 20 minutes.

Should I have any concerns?

Thanks
Re: Any Worries about an Operation Six months after Catheter Ablation
November 15, 2018 02:44PM
You're on an anticoagulant, right? Has the doctor doing the procedure said how long you'll have to stop it?
November 15, 2018 04:33PM
Surely Sam will have discontinued any post-ablation AC 3 months after his procedure?

Sam?? If you’re not on an AC, what are your concerns about your upcoming procedure? Or is your concern linked to the other post-ablation issues you mention (and that you’re imminently to post about)??
November 15, 2018 09:58PM
mwcf
Surely Sam will have discontinued any post-ablation AC 3 months after his procedure?

Maybe, maybe not. That's not such a sure thing.
Sam
November 16, 2018 05:32AM
Yes, on Prof Jais' instructions AC discontinued after 3 months.

Since the ablation I've been feeling rotten. I can't walk 50 yards without getting a buildup of pain/pressure in my lower chest. If I try to keep going I get steadily more weak and very unsteady to the point of almost collapsing.

Strangely I can, most of the time, do 15 minutes of fairly light weigh training with no such effect. Often, like this morning, I just feel really rough from the moment I wake up with a degree of discomfort in the chest throughout the day from doing nothing.

Heart rhythm has been good since the operation.

Three GPs, two cardiologists, an echocardiogram, a chest x/ray, many ECG's and a full range of blood tests have not provided an answer.
November 16, 2018 09:02AM
Hi Sam,
Great that your heart is behaving but not so great in overall terms for sure. Did all of your current issues 100% come on after the ablation? Or were they to some degree or other already pre-existing? Strange that no-one seems able to shed any light on things so far. I know that some folks do feel pretty beat up after an ablation for up to a year and if I recall correctly yours was a long problematic procedure. Maybe it is simply that more recovery time is needed? Fingers crossed that's 'all' it is.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login