Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blood pressure

Posted by Elizabeth 
Blood pressure
October 27, 2018 09:42PM
Many are on BP meds, do you realize that those meds can also lower your Diastolic as well which can lead to heart failure.

[www.uab.edu]

liz
Re: Blood pressure
October 27, 2018 10:15PM
"Once you start getting below 60, that makes people feel uncomfortable"

Though my diastolic pressure is normally in the 60's. I've run it frequently in the 50's & 40's while at rest (I'm on no meds) without any symptoms. Of course, on a multi-day fast I've also run my blood sugar down to 31 mg/dL (1.7 mmol/L) and then gone and set PR's at the gym (my neurologist climbing buddy says the only people he's seen that low are comatose - I tell him he and they just doesn't know about keto adaptation).
Joe
Re: Blood pressure
October 27, 2018 10:23PM
Good call, Liz!
Wonder if beta blockers and/or Flec have a diastolic effect as well?
I've been taking 50mg Atenolol and 50 mg of Flec 2x/day for the last two weeks or so. 31/2 days ago i increased Flec to 100mg 2x/day. While i did go back into Sinus after 1 day (two doses of 100mg Flec) my BP now is ranging from 88/68 to 103/62 - getting very close to hypodiastole. My HR has also dropped to just over 50 to below 50 (39 this morning).
Consequently i reduced Atenolol to 25mg and Flec to 50mg. We'll see what the Cardiologist thinks about it - but it my body,my choice.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login