Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Oral Surgery and Xarelto

Posted by Louise 
Oral Surgery and Xarelto
October 23, 2018 10:39AM
I was off Xarelto for a year and taking Cardiokinase and was very happy about it; but during my annual physical lDt week my Dr scared me into taking Xarelto again. Now I have to have oral surgery and am wondering when to go off Xarelto. It is on a Wednesday, so I was thinking of taking it Monday night and then taking Cardiokinase Tues and Wed and starting Xarelto again on Thursday. Any suggestions? Thank you, Louise
Re: Oral Surgery and Xarelto
October 23, 2018 04:00PM
You may not need to stop it at all. This is a question for the oral surgeon.
ron
October 23, 2018 10:51PM
I had a tooth pulled and implant placed while on Eliquis. The Surgeon said it was not necessary to stop.
October 24, 2018 06:06PM
This issue of when to stop the newer NOAC is so different depending on where you live. I was told 5 days to be off Eliquis before I could get “pain injections” for my chronic back pain. I tried to show them this is not true but the residing Physician said he knew what he was doing and He had the medical degree. True story and fairly common in rural communities even Shreveport, Louisiana at the pain Clinics I checked.
Just crazy.
October 24, 2018 06:27PM
Thank you all. Years ago I had back surgery and was told not to take ibuprofen for a week before; so I assumed Xarelto would have to be stopped for this. I will ask the surgeon.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login