Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Eliquis and curcumin

Posted by Robin 
Eliquis and curcumin
October 22, 2018 05:53PM
Hello All,
I just saw something on the internet that said one should not take curcumim while taking Eliquis.
I'm ignoring that advice because I believe curcumim is really a great supplement with positive health issues.

Cheers,
Robin
Re: Eliquis and curcumin
October 23, 2018 11:10AM
It's because curcumin, or Turmeric, may have anticoagulant properties. That being said, it isn't really very bioavailable so I wouldn't worry excessively about it if it's something you really want to take. Definitely discuss it with your cardiologist or EP (whoever prescribed the Eliquis).

One thing to add - NEVER let a naturopath or anyone else attempt an IV infusion of curcumin. That's quackery and people have died.
October 23, 2018 01:29PM
Robin - For what it's worth... and certainly don't rely solely on my info, but I have always used a curcumin complex to help control 'silent inflammation'.

When I began Eliquis in 2014, I just reduced my twice daily dose to once a day of the curcumin complex... called C3 Curcumin Complex made by DFH... one capsule contains 400 mg of three bioactive forms of curcuminoids derived from turmeric. Here's the tech sheet URL on the one I use.
[cristianapaul.com]

I'm sure there are many other reliable and comparable brands.

Just FYI. Note the caution in the pdf about those on blood thinners. I have not had problems but I would definitely stop or alter my dosing if I did.

Jackie
October 23, 2018 01:37PM
Why don't you use Curcumin just on your food as a spice, why are you taking it in a supplement form, perhaps the body can't handle it that way. I find that supplements are just too much sometimes.

L
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login