Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is it OK to have a little alcohol now that I no longer have Afib?

Posted by tobherd 
Re: Is it OK to have a little alcohol now that I no longer have Afib?
October 22, 2018 10:53AM
rocketritch
If memory serves me right death from falling from lladder statistics are pretty high.

[www.ehstoday.com]

"The study, published in the most recent Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR), found that falls remain a leading cause of unintentional injury mortality nationwide, and 43 percent of fatal falls in the last decade have involved a ladder."
October 22, 2018 12:39PM
Carey

If memory serves me right death from falling from lladder statistics are pretty high.

[www.ehstoday.com]

"The study, published in the most recent Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR), found that falls remain a leading cause of unintentional injury mortality nationwide, and 43 percent of fatal falls in the last decade have involved a ladder."

Just had gutters cleaned/replaced/repaired by a group of Mexican workers who were all over the roof with no ropes. Roof has serious inclines.
October 23, 2018 07:38AM
jpeters

[www.ehstoday.com]

Just had gutters cleaned/replaced/repaired by a group of Mexican workers who were all over the roof with no ropes. Roof has serious inclines.

What's the law on if they injure themselves? Would you be potentially liable?
October 23, 2018 10:09AM
Brian_og

What's the law on if they injure themselves? Would you be potentially liable?

It's probably not like someone tripping on your sidewalk, if that's what you mean. Maybe the contractor who we hired would be liable for not using proper safety procedures.
October 23, 2018 04:14PM
If a worker gets injured while doing work for you and his employer doesn't have worker's comp insurance, you become liable. I would never hire any contractor without seeing proof of worker's comp and general liability insurance.
October 23, 2018 11:41PM
Carey
If a worker gets injured while doing work for you and his employer doesn't have worker's comp insurance, you become liable. I would never hire any contractor without seeing proof of worker's comp and general liability insurance.

"California law requires that employers, including those in the construction industry, carry workers' compensation insurance, even if they have only one employee."

[www.cslb.ca.gov]
October 24, 2018 12:30AM
jpeters
"California law requires that employers, including those in the construction industry, carry workers' compensation insurance, even if they have only one employee."

Sure, most states are the same. But I wouldn't bet my house, savings, and future wages on some contractor just saying they comply. An honest contractor will show you proof of insurance without being asked.
October 24, 2018 03:30AM
I'm with Carey on this. In these increasingly litigative times I'd want my contractor to show me his full 'contractors all risks' insurance credentials before allowing him/her and any of his/her employees on my property.
Sam
October 24, 2018 05:05AM
Another sign I'm getting old. I can remember when this thread was about Afib!
October 24, 2018 01:40PM
Yeah Sam, it's the most longwinded meandering thread I think I've ever seen on here! I'm hoping it goes to 1000 views!

How are you doing 4 1/2 months on post-Bordeaux? Has your digestive system settled down yet??
October 24, 2018 08:14PM
This thread has had some alcohol, it would seem! smileys with beer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login