Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

great followup with Natale

Posted by njb 
njb
great followup with Natale
November 07, 2003 12:47PM
Hi y'all-- I'm feeling pretty high because I had 0% pulmonary vein stenosis at my 3 month followup today. Also in sinus rythmn(at least during a few ekg strips Pulse 96.

I had 3 appointments starting at 8 a.m.--echocardiogram(the most interesting test because you get vivid colored pictures and sound effects of your heart--what an organ!) took about 20", ekg 10", blood test for protime/INR took about 10 miniutes.

Then I had to hurry up and eat breakfast within 20 minutes so I could stop 4 hours prior to my 1:30 spiral Catscan.

Walked to Health Museum , but their grand opening doesn't begin until tomorrow. So, a kind med student directed me to the Lerner(medical) Library. You can only access it via Skywalk. It's open to public, but everyone else there seemed to be a doctor or medstudent. I wanted to research a pain I developed in my posterior chest. I asked for help. The first women directed me to the A building for patient education. That would be another 20 minute walk. Then another woman was extremely helpful and worked with me to get some really good textbooks(one with excellent diagrams) to research my questions. They also have computers there, but I couldn't get onto the internet, so just found the books.

Then to Catscan. I got an IV so they could put some dye in. You lay down on your back and they tell you that you will get a metallic taste in your mouth , feel warm flushing, and one nurse said the need to urinate(which I did not). So the table goes through a "donut" shape thing and they ask you to hold your breath and then let it out a few times. Then they tell you they are going to put the dye into your IV. I did feel weird but only for about 2 minutes. And then it was over.

Then I went to see the nurse and doctor. That went very well. It really helped to have my questions typed up and a copy for them.

I was told that my heart rate was still within the normal range. And since I've been on antiarrythmias and rate control drugs for over 4 years, my heart rate may have just gone up naturally. I never paid attention to my heart rate until I was sent to the hospital about four years ago when it was up to 150. Michelle said that my rate may go down in another 3 months - other PV ablation patients have gone down 6 months postablaton. And my stamina may increase--I might need to do some reconditioning. Fast walking seems easier for me, but weight lifting seems harder.

Dr. Natale maintained that the Pacs, Pvcs, and extra beats are benign.

I was sent home with a holter monitor. I'm glad because I have a history of not being able to recognize my symptoms.

And, if Holter monitor results are o.k. I could go off Coumadin right away or wait a month.

All in all, it was a very good day at the Clinic because there was no sign of stenosis, I was in sinus, and I did have a good visit with Dr. Natale and Michelle.

By the way, since there was 0% stenosis, I never have to worry about it again for the rest of my life. Thank God and Dr. Natale.

more later, njb
J. Pisano
Re: great followup with Natale
November 07, 2003 01:17PM
NJB,
Congratulations, I know you must be relieved! I wish you continued good sucess! Please keep up posted!

Joe
Pam
November 07, 2003 11:58PM
NJB:
Congratulations!! It's always great to hear a total success story. If I ever trusted my life to anyone, it would be the Cleveland Clinic.
I hope you won't "disappear" now that you're free. You can continue to be an inspiration to alot of afib sufferers.

Stay Well,
Pam
November 08, 2003 12:35AM
njb - Great News. I'm so glad to learn this. And pleased that you have posted your success story.

Enjoy your new-found peace and celebrate life!

I hope you will check in from time to time to inspire others with your success story.

Jackie
Kathy
November 08, 2003 03:34AM
I'm so glad to hear the good news smiling smiley Finally you have answers and some peace. Stay in touch ok?
Mike F. V42
November 08, 2003 04:15AM
Great news. Keep in touch fella.

Mike F.
njb
November 08, 2003 02:01PM
Thanks everyone!

I neglected to say that I was also given a 30 day cardiac event monitor because I sometimes feel my heart racing in the middle of the night or right when I wake up. So I will start that tomorrow.

I will pray that everyone's procedure goes well next week.

njb
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login