Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Afib or not

Posted by SteveDaley 
Afib or not
September 26, 2018 11:14AM
i am a 72 year old male- good condition- exercise regularly. I have a 50 plus year history of Afib and skipped beats. Six years ago i had an ablation-in addition to a PVI, they also found I had AVNRT which was taken care of as well. For the next year or so I had a lot of PAC's which were very bothersome-don't know if it was connected to ablation or not. After the ablation I was put on both Flecinaide and Toprol. The toprol didn't seem to help with the skipped beats so I was switched to Cardizen(generic} and that worked great for 3-4 years. Then the last 2 years or so the skipped beats came back-the cardizem seemed to stop working. I am still on that but, when I start with the run now of skips, I take !/2 of a 25 mg toprol that I have and it usually stops the skips. My problem lately is that for the past 3 weeks or so I have been waking up after 4 hours or so of sleep to use the bathroom and start feeling a lot of skipped beats-it has happened 3 out of the past 4 nights. I take the toprol and sometimes my morning dose of flecainide and it will slow down and allow me to sleep. What I don't understand is that, other than a few short periods of irregular beats I have no issue during the day. I exercise very regularly and strenuously without any problem- don"t know what is going on and i am very concerned-any help would be appreciated Thanks.
Re: Afib or not
September 26, 2018 11:57AM
IMO, you need being monitored for a minimum of 24h.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login