Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Groin site 5 days after ablation

Posted by Dinodog 
Groin site 5 days after ablation
September 17, 2018 07:56PM
I had my second ablation on Tuesday and feel like I got a new lease on life- so thankful. I drove for the first time yesterday. The only issue I’m having is pain in the groin. The pain seems to have gotten worse as of Sunday and today- I need to take Tylenol for it. The bruising is getting much darker but I think that’s normal. Today I feel a pea like hard area where they went in. The whole area is tender to touch but not particularly swollen. Not red and no fever. It’s my right leg and driving really aggravates it. My surgeon is out of state so would need to see local cardiologist if necessary. I’m hoping this is just normal healing to the area? It wasn’t this sore last time. Thanks so much for any insight.
Re: Groin site 5 days after ablation
September 17, 2018 08:39PM
Alnost certainly a hematoma, and it's probably pressing against the femoral nerve, which is what causes the pain. That happened to me after my first ablation. Nothing to be done about it but wait it out. It will heal, but it might take weeks. I was in enough pain from it that my EP gave me hydrocodone for 10 days.
September 18, 2018 12:52AM
Carey
I was in enough pain from it that my EP gave me hydrocodone for 10 days.

Hair standing on end...OMG

"If you suddenly stop taking hydrocodone, you may experience withdrawal symptoms such as restlessness, teary eyes, runny nose, yawning, sweating, chills, hair standing on end, muscle pain, widened pupils (black circles in the middle of the eyes), irritability, anxiety, back or joint pain, weakness, stomach cramps, difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep, nausea, loss of appetite, vomiting, diarrhea, fast breathing, or fast heartbeat. Your doctor will probably decrease your dose gradually."
September 18, 2018 01:28AM
jpeters

"If you suddenly stop taking hydrocodone, you may experience withdrawal symptoms such as restlessness, teary eyes, runny nose, yawning, sweating, chills, hair standing on end, muscle pain, widened pupils (black circles in the middle of the eyes), irritability, anxiety, back or joint pain, weakness, stomach cramps, difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep, nausea, loss of appetite, vomiting, diarrhea, fast breathing, or fast heartbeat. Your doctor will probably decrease your dose gradually."

Smooth your hair down. ;-) You're quoting the precautions that apply to prolonged use (months, years). Ten days of hydrocodone is no big deal.
September 18, 2018 04:35AM
Carey

Smooth your hair down. ;-) You're quoting the precautions that apply to prolonged use (months, years). Ten days of hydrocodone is no big deal.

Great.... Ive ben using Oxy twice a day now for a while. Cant wait for the withdrawal. Good times a coming. drinking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login