Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Will the second ablation last?

Posted by Dinodog 
Will the second ablation last?
September 14, 2018 05:33AM
Hi guys-
I had my first ablation in January. 45, paroxysmal for 1.5 years at time with no heart damage. Top EP did it. AFIB then broke through this summer worse than before. I just had my second ablation Wednesday and feel well. Doc said best case would have been some of the original burns healed up. Unfortunately the original work was pristine, and it had jumped to a new area in the middle of the heart. He went and burned that thoroughly which I’m confident will hold. He didn’t touch the LAA as he’s hoping not to and thus far no misfiring there. Since January I’ve lost 27 pounds, 26 to go to be in ideal BMI for AFIB. No caffeine, walking 4 miles 4x a week and doing yoga. Barely drinking alcohol at all. I’ve totally gotten my health together (taking the supplements too), and this thing still popped back up fast in a different area. I’m concerned of course this will keep happening. I’m continuing to lose weight and do all I can to make this last. Please tell me my top EP can get rid of this beast for a long stretch at least? The anti rhythm drugs make me speed up so the only option I have is cardizem. And when in AFIB I can’t function. Very thankful for this ablation and having such a calm feeling now- I feel like I have my life back. Thanks for your input and positive vibes.
Tracy
Re: Will the second ablation last?
September 14, 2018 09:59AM
Only time will tell Tracy, but the steps you've taken are good, positive steps. A top EP coupled with lifestyle changes increases your odds. You didn't mention if you've been tested for sleep apnea. I strongly recommend this, especially if you DON'T think you have it. I didn't think I did, was certain in fact, but I do. So I did all the things you have done and I now use a sleep machine every night and feel great every day. I hope you stay in NSR long-term!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login